Coloccini

Scottish Mag

Fabricio Coloccini is facing the axe for Newcastle’s big relegation showdown against Boro tonight.

It will represent the low point of a career in English football which promised much but looks certain to end in the Argentina defender, 27, heading the Toon clear-out next month, whichever league the club finds itself in.

Coloccini was dropped after Alan Shearer’s first game in charge against Chelsea only to regain his place due to injuries. But with Steven Taylor fit again and likely to partner Sebastien Bassong in defence against Middlesbrough, the £10m signing from Deportivo La Coruna will find himself surplus to requirements once again.

The South American’s fall from grace under Shearer symbolises the decline of Newcastle in recent years.

Cruelly labelled ‘the Boumsong of the Pampas’ after a series of blunders which revived memories of the Toon’s worst-ever signing, Coloccini follows in a long line of high-profile, big money imports who have failed at St James’s Park.

Being named as a substitute for a derby between two sides in the drop zone isn’t what the mop-haired centre-half envisaged when former director of football Dennis Wise convinced him to leave Spain to join Kevin Keegan’s side last August.

“I was sold a club that would be challenging in the top half of the table with maybe a good chance of doing well in the cups,’’ said Coloccini.

“When I joined, that is what I believed would be happening but the reality is that we are in the relegation zone and have a fight to get out of it.’’

Coloccini, an ever-present before Shearer’s arrival, has also lost his place in the Argentina team – but the defender is supportive of Shearer’s decisions. “I am not the only one to be dropped since he came,’’ he pointed out.

“He left out Michael Owen last week.

“Nobody wants it but it shows he is not afraid to make tough decisions.

“I don’t know why he left me out. Team selection is always down to the manager.

“But I have no problem with the manager. He wants us to be feeling like the fans are feeling.

“He wants us to share his passion, to know how important these games are and what relegation would mean to the city. We understand the message.”

Aye and we believed we were signing a tough tackling Argentinian Centre half but instead we got a pussy who shirks tackles...

I think hes come under some harsh criticism lately but I hate it when people who are responsible for where we are start complaining about it...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why he left me out.

If you don't know, that's 99% of your problem mate. Try watching Liverpool's third goal and reconsider.

Edited by Happy Face

I'm not sure if he's complaining about it exactly, he's just stating the facts. I'm sure none of our summer recruits thought they'd signed up for a relegation battle.

I'm not sure if he's complaining about it exactly, he's just stating the facts. I'm sure none of our summer recruits thought they'd signed up for a relegation battle.

He's not.

And that's the other 1% of the problem.

Did you see Ronaldo's reaction yesterday?

Sideshow Bob here is over the moon to have the responsibility off his shoulders.

Edited by Happy Face

He clearly doesn't give a fuck - represents a lot of whats wrong with the club at the moment. Clueless, only in it for the money, can't be arsed, massive cost, shit.

Hes in the pes 06 world 11 though, so he isn't all bad. <_<

You're one of the main reasons we're in a relegation fight you curly mop haired fuckwit...

Sooner we get rid of this dickhead the better!

You're one of the main reasons we're in a relegation fight you curly mop haired fuckwit...

Sooner we get rid of this dickhead the better!

The problem is if you take the hair away he's 5ft 5.

In a team doing well he would be a class defender. You have to question his appetite for a relegation fight.

You evidently haven't witnessed him at close quarters... he's absolutely gash man!

In a team doing well he would be a class defender. You have to question his appetite for a relegation fight.

You evidently haven't witnessed him at close quarters... he's absolutely gash man!

Before he came to you he was one of the most highly rated young defenders in the world.

Bassong on the other hand, no one had heard of. Weird how things work out.

Before he came to you he was one of the most highly rated young defenders in the world.

young? he's27-8 is he not?

The number of 'air kicks' he did last Sunday was embarrassing. Worse still, the person running with him was Steven Gerrard! Like taking candy from a baby...

26 years old isn't that young.

Some people just don't make it in this league, my only hope is that he was apparently shite for Deportivo in his first year but then turned it round to become one of their most important players.

Sounds like Bentley-considered a n England winger, goes to a 'bigger club' after a drunken whine or two and promptly disappears. Sorry Danny B, but I'm happy he's fucked it all up at White Hart Lane. He's such an arrogant shit stain.

The problem isnt Bentley really Billy its Arons form that is keeping him out. It was a crazy decision to buy him in the first place.

He is so one sided we cant play him on the left.

The biggest disappointment has been his dead balls. The one thing you would expect him to do well with and his delivery has been embarrassing.

Guest Stevie

He's been playing in Europe 10 years ya daft cunt.

The problem isnt Bentley really Billy its Arons form that is keeping him out. It was a crazy decision to buy him in the first place.

He is so one sided we cant play him on the left.

The biggest disappointment has been his dead balls. The one thing you would expect him to do well with and his delivery has been embarrassing.

Lennon is keeping him out because Bentley was playing shit.

Its like saying "The problem isn't Collocini its Edgars form that is keeping him out".

Big head Bentley wouldn't be the first player to fuck up his career by moving to Spurs, and will not be the last. It can be a bit of a grave yard there.

Luckily we don't get that at Newcastle, all carry on to be top class players.

Total non story. He was dropped about 6 weeks ago for a few games

After all his talk of the great managers he's played for showing faith in their players, Shearer's dropped players week in week out.

Reminds me of when Homer was Bart's Pee Wee football coach and he spends all his time cutting players.

"Good practice, kids. Now it’s time for the easiest part of any coach's job. The cuts. Although I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut a lot of you. Wendell is cut. Rudy is cut. Janey, you're gone. Steven, I like your hustle....That's why it was so hard to cut you. Congratulations, the rest of you made the team....Except you, you and you."

Edited by Happy Face

If Colo was 'world class' then Milan wouldn't have got rid so quickly. He was farmed out on loan to loads of clubs iirc.

Big clubs can get rid of good players you know. Milan also got rid of Ayala as well. Doesn't mean he wasn't class does it?

Obviously not saying that Colo is of course.