Eurovision

Meenzer

Walliver <_< It's not political, it's a bit like saying Birmingham it's not shit.

We can't win because every cunt hates us, and most of Europe are inherently racist. If it was a fair contest, with the echelons of British music down the years, we'd have won 40 times, Ireland twice and Sweden one. Dana International oh dear.

Everyone hates us, no one votes for us, boo hoo hoo. Oh, wait. We did quite well this year. Everyone must love us again, right?

And if you can explain to me why every country suddenly loves Norway when two years ago they got just 48 points, that would be great.

Walliver <_< It's not political, it's a bit like saying Birmingham it's not shit.

We can't win because every cunt hates us, and most of Europe are inherently racist. If it was a fair contest, with the echelons of British music down the years, we'd have won 40 times, Ireland twice and Sweden one. Dana International oh dear.

Everyone hates us, no one votes for us, boo hoo hoo. Oh, wait. We did quite well this year. Everyone must love us again, right?

And if you can explain to me why every country suddenly loves Norway when two years ago they got just 48 points, that would be great.

Probably this:

For the first time, voting in the final was split between televoting and panels of musical experts, which was supposed to reduce the incidence of predictable and neighbourly votes.

I've watched, and loved, Eurovision for 30 odd years (probably more), but last night just finished it off for me. I found the whole thing soooo tedious.

Good job Norway won it. After all, who the fuck wants to have the astronomical expense of staging it in the current climate (I suggested a long time ago that losing contesting countries should all combine and pay for the hosting for the winner). The Nogs have a few Krone to spare, what with their oil and gas revenues, so they can have the pleasure of staging it in '10.

Did anyone see A-L Webber just before the votes? '....we're by no means a shoe-in..' WTF was he on???? Our song was fuckin abysmal and was 'sung' dreadfully.

In a way, I'm glad I found last night's 'show' so bad. I can walk away from it all quite happily as a result.

I've watched, and loved, Eurovision for 30 odd years (probably more), but last night just finished it off for me. I found the whole thing soooo tedious.

Good job Norway won it. After all, who the fuck wants to have the astronomical expense of staging it in the current climate (I suggested a long time ago that losing contesting countries should all combine and pay for the hosting for the winner). The Nogs have a few Krone to spare, what with their oil and gas revenues, so they can have the pleasure of staging it in '10.

Did anyone see A-L Webber just before the votes? '....we're by no means a shoe-in..' WTF was he on???? Our song was fuckin abysmal and was 'sung' dreadfully.

In a way, I'm glad I found last night's 'show' so bad. I can walk away from it all quite happily as a result.

<_< Snakey I am shocked...I thought last nights show was one of the most upbeat for years..no dirges and strange foreign instruments being bandied around the stage , along with old hairy chested men with their shirts open and nubile women gyrating around their ankles.....( oh ..penny drops...that's what you were missing :( )

<_< Snakey I am shocked...I thought last nights show was one of the most upbeat for years..no dirges and strange foreign instruments being bandied around the stage , along with old hairy chested men with their shirts open and nubile women gyrating around their ankles.....( oh ..penny drops...that's what you were missing :( )

:(:blush:

Maybe it was just because I was so down in the dumps last night (following yesterday's NUFC result).

:(:blush:

Maybe it was just because I was so down in the dumps last night (following yesterday's NUFC result).

:) as was I but I found solace in a bottle of Jack and laughing at Mr Norton ...

I thought malta's entry was fantastic tho a little 'disney-ish'.

Graham norton was interviewing arse-face and he said we're supposed to sent our best artist over and they were whining about us sending, jade, no offence to the lass - she did a stirling job, but ffs, we can do loads better than that, we're overrun with artists that are fantastic, fair enough we have to think eurovision/camp/trash when we pick them but why not go for something like: catfaced sophie ellis bexter/Mica/right said fred or we could roll out the master of all cheese and invite Mr. Richard Astley. Oh yes the king himself.....

RickAstley.jpg

I don't know why we go to such efforts.

Why not let a small indie/punk band just go mad with it one year?

Fuck that Tom, someone should dust off Slade <_<

Don't dis Slade :( One of the best bands from UK - EVA. C'mon feel the noize.

Guest alex

The bit at the end when they show a bit of every act is usually comedy gold but sitting through the whole thing is torture iyam.

Graham norton was interviewing arse-face and he said we're supposed to sent our best artist over and they were whining about us sending, jade, no offence to the lass - she did a stirling job, but ffs, we can do loads better than that, we're overrun with artists that are fantastic, fair enough we have to think eurovision/camp/trash when we pick them but why not go for something like: catfaced sophie ellis bexter/Mica/right said fred or we could roll out the master of all cheese and invite Mr. Richard Astley. Oh yes the king himself.....

RickAstley.jpg

Why no 'g' ??? There should be a 'g'. Or are you dylesix ??

Just found this, don't know if he could actually carry it off now, it may be percieved as more creepy than cheesy!

RICK%20ASTLEY%20COMP.JPG

He looks like Shatner.

RickAstley.jpg

Why no 'g' ??? There should be a 'g'. Or are you dylesix ??

never noticed that! ( was a cut and paste off google images!)

Probably this:

For the first time, voting in the final was split between televoting and panels of musical experts, which was supposed to reduce the incidence of predictable and neighbourly votes.

Nah, they won the televoting-only semi-final too. Not that you care. And nor should I really. ;)

Just found this, don't know if he could actually carry it off now, it may be percieved as more creepy than cheesy!

RICK%20ASTLEY%20COMP.JPG

Apparently he's turning into Andrew Lloyd Webber. The signs are all there! ;)

I'd love Rammstein and Muse to do Eurovision, it would be hilarious. Divine Comedy once did a song for the Culture Show called Trafalgar. Can't find a clip, but it was good.