Daishi

"ee-aye, ee-aye, ee-aye-oh,

up the premier league we go,

when we get to Europe,

This is what we'll sing!

We are Geordies,

Super Geordies,

Souness is our King"

erm - that made me check what i'm drinking, but i heard it on two or three occasions...

I may have missed the irony, but that's what beer does for you.

Guest CrimsonFault
I did enjoy the fact that the match commentator made a point of telling everyone that the toon fans were singing "Down with the mackems" and later "Are you Sunderland in disguise"

51245[/snapback]

Better than Martin Tyler. Fact.

I did enjoy the fact that the match commentator made a point of telling everyone that the toon fans were singing "Down with the mackems" and later "Are you Sunderland in disguise"

51245[/snapback]

Better than Martin Tyler. Fact.

51248[/snapback]

But Andy Gray still hates Newcastle and never says anything positive about the team.

Edited by Steve

But Andy Gray still hates Newcastle and never says anything positive about the team.

51253[/snapback]

Disagree. The only negative thing he said about us was our lack of composure at the back and we provided plenty of evidence of that today during that crazy spell after the first goal.

Fans sounded like mugs today.

51305[/snapback]

tetleymug.jpg

?

51307[/snapback]

i used to have one of those mugs - the sang the tetley tune when you picked it up. Needless to say it wasnt around long

51305[/snapback]

tetleymug.jpg

?

51307[/snapback]

i used to have one of those mugs - the sang the tetley tune when you picked it up. Needless to say it wasnt around long

51310[/snapback]

I had one too!!!! Needless to say I kept it for years and loved it dearly.

The rest of the family weren't QUITE as keen on it though...... ;)

51253[/snapback]

Disagree. The only negative thing he said about us was our lack of composure at the back and we provided plenty of evidence of that today during that crazy spell after the first goal.

51279[/snapback]

Spot on, our defending was a bit dodgy at times.

51305[/snapback]

Aye, supporting their team and their manager is just stupid isn't it.

;)

51385[/snapback]

I thought it was decent to see them getting behind the team and manager instead of just the usual 'Your support is fucking shit' etc. (which they did sing as well).

I think Andy Gray has a soft spot for the Makems because of the Peytar Reid link which makes it difficult for him to praise us too much.

That might be me being a bit paranoid but what I do know is that he absolutlely loves Shearer. I think big Al makes him do little sex wees.

Rednapp was very positive towards us mind and Jol eventually came round to considering us a top six team by the end.

Edited by David Kelly

we haven't had too much to sing about the last year or two. it was good to hear the lads in such good voice. and if souness does get us to europe...he can be the king.

it's a nice ditty reminiscent of better times. we don't hear it enough these days.

I think Andy Gray has a soft spot for the Makems because of the Peytar Reid link which makes it difficult for him to praise us too much.

That might be me being a bit paranoid but what I do know is that he absolutlely loves Shearer.  I think big Al makes him do little sex wees.

Rednapp was very positive towards us mind and Jol eventually came round to considering us a top six team by the end.

51512[/snapback]

WHAT?! ;)

Thats precisely why he doesnt like us! He despises us because we got rid of the cunt.

That might be me being a bit paranoid but what I do know is that he absolutlely loves Shearer.  I think big Al makes him do little sex wees.

51512[/snapback]

He said that our goals were tap-ins and that Owen's second was a mishit, mind.

Although he used to play for the Baggies so he's obviously got a soft spot for them.

51512[/snapback]

He said that our goals were tap-ins and that Owen's second was a mishit, mind.

Although he used to play for the Baggies so he's obviously got a soft spot for them.

51732[/snapback]

Aye, Jol was doing my fuckin' head in!

Are you worried you big fat Dutchman? I think so! ;)