So ... do we still shit a brick over Bolton vs. Hull?

dbsweeney

Despite the result tonight, I can't see us getting a full three points against either Fulham or Villa.

However, I can see us maybe getting a point from both.

That would be all cancelled out by a single win by Hull.

Of all the danger games, Bolton v. Hull is the one.

What do Bolton have to play for now except pride (which often counts for naught).

I am very fearful about this.

However, I can't see Hull getting anything from against Man U.

A possible saving grace is that we don't lose either game (and just draw) and the Mackems draw against Pompey and lose against Chelsea (a distinct possibility and one that might save us even if Hull do win).

:boogie::rolleyes::yahoo:

Finally, has anyone come across a decent photo from tonight that would be of good enough quality to turn into a desktop photo?

Suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Tonight was a great result and hopefully we have turned the corner.

Still relegation battles aren't over till they are over mathematically.

As much as that is stating the obvious we still have a long way to go.

Tonight was a great result and hopefully we have turned the corner.

Still relegation battles aren't over till they are over mathematically.

As much as that is stating the obvious we still have a long way to go.

Agree completely. :rolleyes:

I don't think we've turned the corner, I think we are halfway through the bend, lastnight was a great result and performance but when we come down to earth, it's not over by a long shot, we need something from the last two matches, maybe at least a win.

I don't think we've turned the corner, I think we are halfway through the bend, lastnight was a great result and performance but when we come down to earth, it's not over by a long shot, we need something from the last two matches, maybe at least a win.

This.

And with the way Fulham have been playing it's more likely to come against Villa, squeaky bum time kids.

I'm also worried about Hull's last game. If Manchester have nothing to play for anymore and field a team of youngsters plus Hull playing with a lot of passion they still could get something out of the game. Ideally we win against Fulham and Hull lose against Bolton and everything is settled.

Best thing is its in our own hands. Last nights win was massive. Not just because it dragged us out of the bottom three, but also because of the phychological boost it gives the players going in to the neext game.

Fulham will not be coming up here to roll over and despite a good display last night, there was still a lot to be concerned about.

Its far far from over, but we're in a hell of a better position than we were this time yesterday.

Bolton v hull is a tricky one. Hull will be fighting for their lives and dropping into the bottom may have given them a kick up the arse. I couldnt certainly see them getting a point there.

Best thing we can do is get another home win. Much tougher ask than Boro though.

I can see us beating Fulham now. Their away record is poor, the atmosphere should be great and the players are bound to draw some confidence from last night. It's no foregone conclusion but I make us favourites on Saturday.

First time I've felt hopeful for months :rolleyes:

I'm more concerned with Hull v Man United. I've had disturbing thoughts for weeks about Hull picking up a win here. I think Bolton will beat them but we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully we'll beat Fulham and that will be that! :yahoo:

Also i think there's a real danger Sunderland will go down now. :rolleyes:

Bolton want Barton and he'll be a lot cheaper to them if we're in the Championship...

They know we want shot of him, his price won't change but hopefully someone from the club is down there negotiating that the sale for THAT price relies upon them beating Hull.

Is the club that smart???

I'd also hope Shearer is having a quiet word in Aaron Hughes's ear about a return home and this weekend's game :rolleyes:

Guest alex

Asking a lot I suppose but I'm really hoping Hull lose to Bolton and we win against Fulham so the Villa game is virtually academic, because I could actually see Hull beating Man Utd with the league being wrapped up and the European Cup final only being three days away.

Asking a lot I suppose but I'm really hoping Hull lose to Bolton and we win against Fulham so the Villa game is virtually academic, because I could actually see Hull beating Man Utd with the league being wrapped up and the European Cup final only being three days away.

We're probably all doing Man United's youths a disservice here. They wont have many bad players and any youngsters getting a chance will want to make a name for themselves. They'll probably go there and win 4-0. :rolleyes:

Best case scenario is Man Utd need a result (even if it's just a draw).

Orrrr..... We beat Fulham, Hull beat Man United, and Sunderland lose to Portsmouth and Chelsea and go down.

Guest alex
Best case scenario is Man Utd need a result (even if it's just a draw).

Orrrr..... We beat Fulham, Hull beat Man United, and Sunderland lose to Portsmouth and Chelsea and go down.

:rolleyes: You're just being greedy now.

Despite the result tonight, I can't see us getting a full three points against either Fulham or Villa.

However, I can see us maybe getting a point from both.

That would be all cancelled out by a single win by Hull.

Of all the danger games, Bolton v. Hull is the one.

What do Bolton have to play for now except pride (which often counts for naught).

I am very fearful about this.

However, I can't see Hull getting anything from against Man U.

A possible saving grace is that we don't lose either game (and just draw) and the Mackems draw against Pompey and lose against Chelsea (a distinct possibility and one that might save us even if Hull do win).

:boogie::rolleyes::yahoo:

Finally, has anyone come across a decent photo from tonight that would be of good enough quality to turn into a desktop photo?

Suggestions would be great. Thanks!

you're right of course.

Its far from over yet.

Although if we win on Sat, and Hull lose, then we are safe