Newcastle United vs Fulham

smoggeordie

Hate to be a party pooper like after last night, but Saturday's game is now equally as huge. A win takes us above the mackems, strolling towards safety. However, a defeat would leave us staring relegation in the face.

Howay the lads.

Edited by smoggeordie

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the players will see it as an opportunity to put this awful season to bed. Two home wins against the smogs and Fulham isn't that much of an ask, and if they can pull it off we've just about got away with a season of almost unremitting garbage. We're fucking lucky to have the chance if you ask me.

I'm now very hopeful we'll win this game. Home win for me :rolleyes:

A point wouldn't be bad as long as Hull and Middlesborough lose. Going to Villa Park seperated only by goal difference is hardly ideal though, if that was the case I wouldn't be that confident.

Guest Stevie

I think this is similar to 91/92. We thought we'd need to win our last two 2 of our last 3 to stop up. In reality we only needed one. I don't want to rely on Gary Megson for anything but Hull are incredibly wank, I can't see them avoiding defeat there, Boro aren't going to get 6 points, and Hull home to Man Utd last game, it aint going to happen. I think we have enough in the grand scheme of things but we need to play like we need 6 points.

Edited by Stevie

If I was Ashley I'd put them all on a massive win bonus for this match.

They don't deserve it, not by a long way, and it's cynical really but I'd do it all the same if I were him. We're now in a position where a single win will almost certainly save us and any advantage that can be gained is fair enough in my book. Footballers are mercenary fucks by and large.

If Hull and ourselves win and Sunderland lose on saturday they are in the bottom 3 :rolleyes: and all 3 ties could go either way. Would make it a nervy last game but would be so worth it if it came off

Fuck that. Let's us win on Saturday and Hull and the mackems lose, then Hull win on the last day to put Sunderland down when they can no longer catch us.

I can't see Hull, Sunderland or West Brom getting another point. I can see Boro getting something against Villa at the weekend but even if they win and we lose both our final games they'll end up behind us on goal difference.

I think we'll be OK.

Guest Stevie
I can't see Hull, Sunderland or West Brom getting another point. I can see Boro getting something against Villa at the weekend but even if they win and we lose both our final games they'll end up behind us on goal difference.

I think we'll be OK.

Totally agree. I think if we lose the next we'll stop up.

Aye but do you really want to test that theory out. I think Sunderland are stuck on 36 and I'm not worried about Boro or West Brom, but I think Hull could get something at Bolton which would put us down if we lost the last two.

I want it to be mathmatically certain asap. These hunches and gut feelings aren't enough for me.

I just don't trust Fergie either, the whiskey-nosed bastard.

Edited by X-I-S-C-O

Aye but do you really want to test that theory out. I think Sunderland are stuck on 36 and I'm not worried about Boro or West Brom, but I think Hull could get something at Bolton which would put us down if we lost the last two.

We'll obviously have a better idea on Saturday evening. Waiting game really - but fucking annoying. I want it to be Saturday now!

If I was Ashley I'd put them all on a massive win bonus for this match.

They don't deserve it, not by a long way, and it's cynical really but I'd do it all the same if I were him. We're now in a position where a single win will almost certainly save us and any advantage that can be gained is fair enough in my book. Footballers are mercenary fucks by and large.

I wonder if there's be a marked improvement in performance. Should we be relegated, 80% of them would walk away from the club without a care.

I'd love to just win on Saturday and hope everyone else around us loses again, just to have this over with. I don't want to have to go away to Villa needing something.

BTW the game on Saturday is live on Setanta Ireland for the Irishers in here.

Guest alex
I want it to be mathmatically certain asap. These hunches and gut feelings aren't enough for me.

Phil Brown and Fergie are good mates as well.

Fergie probably still hasn't forgiven Shearer for turning them down either.

Guest alex

Fergie probably still hasn't forgiven Shearer for turning them down either.

Aye, they fucking hate each other as well.

Fulham are a completely different kettle of fish than the smogs - far more organised. Last night was like two schoolboy sides going hell-for-leather for the win. Fulham have nowt to play for anymore so wont be as rabid as the smogs were. Last night scared the hell out of me at times at the speed with which the smogs attacked en masse, but thinking about it, that was probably down to the fact they are such a young, energetic side.

I can only think of two Fulham players off the top of me heed - Andy Johnstone (sp) and Schwartzer (sp); the former worries me a heck of a lot.

I see Saturday being far less frenetic than last night, but if we do get about Fulham and let them know how much this means to us we can win.

Fulham have their highest ever top flight finish and Europe to play for.

They're seven points behind, with only two game to play so they can't get into yoorup. (unless the beeb table, which I looked at prior to my post, is wrong??).

*goes to have another look*

EDIT: Aye, 7 behind. Unless there's summat I'm missing eg qualification via the insipid, uninspiring, none-entity club award.

Edited by snakehips