Newcastle United vs Fulham

smoggeordie

Guest alex
Fulham have their highest ever top flight finish and Europe to play for.

They're seven points behind, with only two game to play so they can't get into yoorup. (unless the beeb table, which I looked at prior to my post, is wrong??).

*goes to have another look*

But (I assume) another place goes to the league for the Uefa Cup (Uefa League or whatever it is) since Chelsea and Everton are in the cup final.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're seven points behind, with only two game to play so they can't get into yoorup. (unless the beeb table, which I looked at prior to my post, is wrong??).

But (I assume) another place goes to the league for the Uefa Cup (Uefa League or whatever it is) since Chelsea and Everton are in the cup final.

It does indeed so they have everything to play for as evidenced by their last game against villa.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Aha - that's summat I hadn't thought about!! Shite. Still, they (Hodgson) don't want european football, so they wont be trying :rolleyes:

Guest alex
Fulhams away record is only 2draws better than ours.

If we come out confident with the crowd making the same noise hopefully we can get the 3 points

I agree there like. We can definitely beat them as they're poor away from home. I just think it'll be a tough task all the same.

Doubt it cos we can't be relegated on the day and they're not safe by a long way.

Don't forget this is mackems we're talking about. :rolleyes:

We need to win again and never mind what Hull or Boro do. I don't think Hull will get another point so honestly I think we've done it now, but why leave things up to chance? And I think we can win it, Fulham are a vastly improved team but their away record is poor and if some of our players (Viduka) continue their form, we should beat them.

Guest alex
I think a lot of them already have tickets to be honest.

I'd take bold claims made on message boards with a pinch of salt though. Either way, I wouldn't be going now, given their plight.

I think this is similar to 91/92. We thought we'd need to win our last two 2 of our last 3 to stop up. In reality we only needed one. I don't want to rely on Gary Megson for anything but Hull are incredibly wank, I can't see them avoiding defeat there, Boro aren't going to get 6 points, and Hull home to Man Utd last game, it aint going to happen. I think we have enough in the grand scheme of things but we need to play like we need 6 points.

IN his interview AS said he wanted 3 wins for the last 3 games.

Guest alex
I think this is similar to 91/92. We thought we'd need to win our last two 2 of our last 3 to stop up. In reality we only needed one. I don't want to rely on Gary Megson for anything but Hull are incredibly wank, I can't see them avoiding defeat there, Boro aren't going to get 6 points, and Hull home to Man Utd last game, it aint going to happen. I think we have enough in the grand scheme of things but we need to play like we need 6 points.

What the fuck else is he going to say like? :rolleyes:

What the fuck else is he going to say like? :yahoo:

It's the mark of the man. :rolleyes:

I think a lot of them already have tickets to be honest.

I'd take bold claims made on message boards with a pinch of salt though. Either way, I wouldn't be going now, given their plight.

I just read the article to be honest and had a couple of minutes ready to go scouting.

Either way I'm sitting away from the away section :rolleyes:

We need to jump all over Danny Murphy early on - he makes them tick and all their pacy players feed from him - they are a good unit and the likes of Kamara and that other foreigner who i can't think of his name right now look a handful as does their preferred pairing of johnson and Zamora - if we can get at them early we may be alright but we looked vulnerable to counter attacks last night and they certainly have the players to capitalize on that weakness

shackle murphy. if he doesn't get on the ball then they rely on their non creative players. they are good on the break as well, their forwards except zamora are all fairly rapid. ....

we'll have our work cut out against them.

We need to jump all over Danny Murphy early on - he makes them tick and all their pacy players feed from him - they are a good unit and the likes of Kamara and that other foreigner who i can't think of his name right now look a handful as does their preferred pairing of johnson and Zamora - if we can get at them early we may be alright but we looked vulnerable to counter attacks last night and they certainly have the players to capitalize on that weakness

I agree that Johnson is a handful but Zamora? I don't think we will have much problem containing him if he does play! I'd be far more concerned about Nevland!

Murphy is the key for them we need to keep him quiet. Nicky Butt on Afonso style perhaps :o

I agree that Johnson is a handful but Zamora? I don't think we will have much problem containing him if he does play! I'd be far more concerned about Nevland!

Murphy is the key for them we need to keep him quiet. Nicky Butt on Afonso style perhaps :o

The West Ham song about Zamora always made me laugh.

When the ball hits the goal it's not Shearer or Cole it's Zamora?

Brighton used to sing it when he was there, I remember all the hype he got and predictably he turned out to be utter shite.

Brighton song originally [/pedant]

When the ball hits the goal it's not Shearer or Cole it's Zamora?

Brighton used to sing it when he was there, I remember all the hype he got and predictably he turned out to be utter shite.

Something to do with being sat in row Z and the ball hitting you on the head I think