If we stay up.

Park Life

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking Tuncay would be a decent buy for us.

Can't finish his dinner.

I always think he looks pretty good when he's playing out wide though

Guest alex

Can't finish his dinner.

Aye, he's a canny player like. Certainly would improve our squad.

Can't finish his dinner.

Aye, he's a canny player like. Certainly would improve our squad.

He'd be the next greedy bastard to leave Middlesbrough for Newcastle despite the fact the clubs could be playing in two different divisions

Can't finish his dinner.

well aye, but in our position, can we really be that demanding? Isn't a little pace, and a fair creative spark enough to pique our interest?

Can't finish his dinner.

well aye, but in our position, can we really be that demanding? Isn't a little pace, and a fair creative spark enough to pique our interest?

It should be.

Think we must keep martins, get rid of owen, he is crap! dunno bout the duke!!

Ideally I'd replace the 3 of them. One game and Martins is a class act? Same for Viduka, etc. Owen isn't really good at anything these days either. All 3 should be on pay as you play as well. Impossible to plan when they're nearly all injured at one point.

i think owen has turned into a poorer version of shearer in his latter days after injuries killed his pace. in other words, he's still a class finisher but needs chances on a plate and offers little to the general team play. unlike shearer, he doesn't have other attributes like strength and hold up play to counter his lack of mobility and pace - not worth the massive wages anymore, sadly.

martins is worth keeping because is an impact player unlike any other on our books and we will probably struggle to attract a player capable of what he is occasionally capable of doing for a few seasons. we won't have the pulling power that we've had for a few years now. martins is worth keeping even if we get other strikers in to replace the likes of viduka, shola and owen. we don't have the depth to shift them all and of all of them, martins is the one i'd hang on to.

I beg to differ. On Owen being a class finisher and Shearer offering little in general play after that injury.

owen's strike rate for us in the few games he's managed while he's been here has been good. agree he's been poor recently but then, so have all the players.

shearer had more to offer in terms of general play after his injury than owen does post knee surgery, but he still didn't contribute much in terms of general play - he was often static with poor movement off the ball etc. he was really reduced to winning flick ons and playing as a targetman with his back to goal. agree that the little he had left in his locker meant it was worth building a team around him for all of those years because he was still one of the best finishers around. i think owen's game been hit so hard by his injuries that he isn't worth building a team around, especially with the wedge he's on.

I still don't believe he's a class finisher and I feel that my opinion of that has been vindicated. For someone who gets praised all round for being one of the best finishers in the game he certainly isn't as far as I'm concerned. And the chances he has missed, not just this season but last season too are reason enough for me. His goals are all about his reactions and getting on the end of things, not clinical finishing iyam.

Ideally I'd replace the 3 of them. One game and Martins is a class act? Same for Viduka, etc. Owen isn't really good at anything these days either. All 3 should be on pay as you play as well. Impossible to plan when they're nearly all injured at one point.

i think owen has turned into a poorer version of shearer in his latter days after injuries killed his pace. in other words, he's still a class finisher but needs chances on a plate and offers little to the general team play. unlike shearer, he doesn't have other attributes like strength and hold up play to counter his lack of mobility and pace - not worth the massive wages anymore, sadly.

martins is worth keeping because is an impact player unlike any other on our books and we will probably struggle to attract a player capable of what he is occasionally capable of doing for a few seasons. we won't have the pulling power that we've had for a few years now. martins is worth keeping even if we get other strikers in to replace the likes of viduka, shola and owen. we don't have the depth to shift them all and of all of them, martins is the one i'd hang on to.

I beg to differ. On Owen being a class finisher and Shearer offering little in general play after that injury.

owen's strike rate for us in the few games he's managed while he's been here has been good. agree he's been poor recently but then, so have all the players.

shearer had more to offer in terms of general play after his injury than owen does post knee surgery, but he still didn't contribute much in terms of general play - he was often static with poor movement off the ball etc. he was really reduced to winning flick ons and playing as a targetman with his back to goal. agree that the little he had left in his locker meant it was worth building a team around him for all of those years because he was still one of the best finishers around. i think owen's game been hit so hard by his injuries that he isn't worth building a team around, especially with the wedge he's on.

I still don't believe he's a class finisher and I feel that my opinion of that has been vindicated. For someone who gets praised all round for being one of the best finishers in the game he certainly isn't as far as I'm concerned. And the chances he has missed, not just this season but last season too are reason enough for me. His goals are all about his reactions and getting on the end of things, not clinical finishing iyam.

He's probably not a "finisher" in the Müller/Romario mould. He's normally pretty good at scoring goals though.

Edited by Isegrim

He's probably not a "finisher" in the Müller/Romario mould. He's normally pretty good at scoring goals though.

Ice trying to be as gentle as poss. :D

Exactly.