Player Ratings vs WBA

ChocChip

I saw it on Sky.

Given..................8 Couple of great saves, good all round.

Baba...................8 Best i've seen him in a while, good tackling, good passing. All their attacks down that side struggled.

Boum..................7 Managed to out muscle the burly duo of Kanu and Earnshaw!! Not bad though.

Taylor.................8 Was better than Boumsong though '8' seems generous.

Ramage..............5 A couple of dodgy moments when defending, sh*te on the ball for the most part. Looks like an average CB playing at FB. Don't think he has a great future ahead of him tbh.

Zoggy.................7 Got closed down very quickly, always willing, did ok, couple of great moments of skill and a great cross for the goal, again :lol:

Emre..................7 Looked good when they gave up, decent though. Lost the ball needlessly once or twice in dangerous areas. Will get better with fitness.

Parker................8 Very good i thought. Tackled, passed, intercepted. Keeps the ball very close which is a good skill in centre mid.

Solano................6 Kinda quiet i thought. Needs matches. Drifted inside alot but rarely wasted a pass.

Owen..................8 Quiet in 1st half, took his chances. You get what you pay for.

Ameobi...............6 CANNOT control a ball with his back to goal. Won a few headers for a change, much better when he turns with the ball. I think he play deeper so he gets the ball to feet and has a bit of time to turn.

Shearer.............7 Showed Shola how to hold the ball, good goal. Looked sharper than usual.

Bramble............6 Loves to play football and very good at it however he nearly scored, for them ;)

Dyer.................7 Looked good, made a difference.

Souness............8 Have to say well done. We looked sharp, controlled the game except for the usual shakiness after we score and we go to pieces. We also looked motivated.

Away support.....9 Sounded LOUD on the telly. B):blush::blush:

Edited by ChocChip

Given- 7

Baba- 7

Boum- 8

Taylor- 8

Ramage- 7

Zog- 7

Emre- 8

Parker- 8

Nobby- 7

Owen- 8

Shola- 6

Shearer- 8

Dyer- 8

51284[/snapback]

Agree with those ratings.

I thought Ramage played really well all considering. I'm not gonna judge him at this point as it would obviously be unfair. I can tell you one thing thou, I'd place him ahead of Carr every time!

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Given- 8 did everythign required of him

Baba- 7.5 Impressive game

Boum- 8 This is how he should be playing

Taylor- 8 Normal performance from Taylor!

Ramage- 7.5 Defended well, set up Shearer's goal

Zog- 7 In and out but set up Owen's goal with run and cross

Emre- 8 Played well and was tacking back tenaciously the whole game

Parker- 8 Mr. Consistent and a player we've needed for ages

Nobby- 7 Lovely touches and usually involved in any good passing movements

Owen- 9 He's a striker with 2 great finishes and involved in build up to 3rd goal

Shola- 6 Seemed to have lost his first touch completely at times

Shearer- 8 Goal from the bench, looked energetic and battled away

Dyer- 8- Involved in two goals and looked lively

I must say there are some shocking ratings here.

I would give

Given 8 - was solid

Baba- 7 - didnt do much wrong, but needs to improve his movement

Boum- 6.9 - cant get myself to give him a 7, he is way off pace and needs massive improvement, he was lucky WBA didnt give him a tough time

Taylor- 7.3 was the better of the 2

Ramage- 7.5 Defended well, had a good game for a new comer.

Zog- 7 some good skill, but more end product required

Emre- 7.8 Played well, still settling in, good passer of the ball

Parker- 8 was all over

Nobby- 7.5 brought a lot of creativity

Owen- 8 two well taken goals, will get better with each game

Shola- 5 - POOR

Shearer- 7.5 good goal

Dyer- 7.5 - Involved and looked good coming back from injury

I'm surprised everyone thinks Taylor and Boumsong had a canny game, I thought they were both a bit shaky. Also, is it really necessary to give marks out of ten to one decimal place? 7.8 FFS ;)

I'm surprised everyone thinks Taylor and Boumsong had a canny game, I thought they were both a bit shaky. Also, is it really necessary to give marks out of ten to one decimal place? 7.8 FFS ;)

51386[/snapback]

2dp should be a minimum requirement tbh. :lol:

51386[/snapback]

2dp should be a minimum requirement tbh. :lol:

51387[/snapback]

Shola - 4.75

Given - 8 Almost as instrumental in the win as Owen

Babyarou - 7 Solid

Rammage - 7.5 For my money at least as good in either fullback position as Hughes ever was.

Boumsong - 7.5 Best game since the opening day

Tayloe - 7.5 Strong again but needs to be more alert on corners

N'Zogbia - 7 Quiet for the most part but can put in some quality balls.

Solano - 7 A bit more quiet then last week but it's nice to see player with some quality on the ball

Emre - 7.5 Speaking of which. His set peices piss on Robert's too!

Parker - 8 Domiated the centre of the park.

Owen - 8 As he said piss poor in the first half but finds space brilliantly and his goals were pure predator.

Shola - 6 Didn't get near last weeks performance but still a lot better than he had been.

Subs

Shearer - 7 Hasn't lost that instinct in front of goal.

Dyer - 7.5 Looked very bright

Souness - 4 Would have been marked far higher had he not had Faye on the bench!

When they had their good spell after we scored i thought all the danger was down our right, i.e. Ramage's side. Also his passing is atrocious. He doesn't get good grades just for being a Geordie surley?

When they had their good spell after we scored i thought all the danger was down our right, i.e. Ramage's side. Also his passing is atrocious. He doesn't get good grades just for being a Geordie surley?

51483[/snapback]

Good defensively but he looks limited going forward. I think he was a bit exposed at times with Nobby tucking in a lot. With regard to the marks, I think everyone is subconsciously a little more generous when we win.

He's a young lad who's played very few games, playing out of position & who set up our third goal. He gets good grades for that in my book.

Maybe I wasn't watching closely enough though during the period after we scored. I think I was feeding the baby!

I do seem to remember that they seemed to have extra numbers on that side of the pitch. Perhaps others weren't doing their job as well as they could leaving Rammage with extra men to deal with.

Never noticed any problems with his passing although I though in general his crossing as seemed to be better with his left foot than his right.

51483[/snapback]

Good defensively but he looks limited going forward. I think he was a bit exposed at times with Nobby tucking in a lot. With regard to the marks, I think everyone is subconsciously a little more generous when we win.

51488[/snapback]

I do feel that we would definately benefit from having fullbacks who can bomb down the flanks more. Both Nobby and Zog seemed to tuck in quite a bit yesterday which I think helped us dominate the centre of the park but it also (at times) left us a little narrow. If we had fullbacks who can attack a bit better (Wayne Bridge anyone?) I think it could prove very usefull, especially away from home if we are looking to keep it tight in the middle. Shearer's goal is a perfect example of what we should be looking for from our fullbacks.

As Alex said, he was exposed a bit because Nobby kept drifting infield with a view to make a link between midf and attack.

Ramage is not quick or strong like Taylor nor is he aggressive like Taylor and he hasn't much ability on the ball. He'll have to be an intelligent player to make up for this if he isn't to be discarded. It can happen, Gary Neville has definitely improved over the years, quite a lot actually.

I would play Carr over Ramage as it stands.

51483[/snapback]

51488[/snapback]

I do feel that we would definately benefit from having fullbacks who can bomb down the flanks more. Both Nobby and Zog seemed to tuck in quite a bit yesterday which I think helped us dominate the centre of the park but it also (at times) left us a little narrow. If we had fullbacks who can attack a bit better (Wayne Bridge anyone?) I think it could prove very usefull, especially away from home if we are looking to keep it tight in the middle. Shearer's goal is a perfect example of what we should be looking for from our fullbacks.

51493[/snapback]

I think Baba's good enough on the ball if he can just get his head right. I'd be concerned about getting a good attacking RB.

Anyone know what happened to Bernard? Did he ever manage to find a club?

Not that I'd want him back, just out of interest.

51502[/snapback]

Ended up at Rangers a couple of days after the transfer window closed I think.

He's at Rangers isn't he?

Babayarou started off attacking really well when he first signed for us. Since he had that awfull spell he's improved a lot but he still doesn't seem to be attacking like he was.

I agree with Alex, I think two fullbacks are needed.