Shola Ameobi

Jusoda Kid

Good to see Ameobi return to his lethal form, showing that last weeks performance was just a fluke that even he can't explain. I would rather have Ainsley Harriot up front as he's certainly got more chance of getting in behind the opposing teams defence than what Shola does, although on annoyance value there definitely on par.

Continuing to select him is a recipe for disaster imo as he proved today when presented with a striking opportunity his right foot suddenly to turned to a large jelly that even Ainsley would be proud of and to think he's being payed hundreds and thousand's of pounds to serve this tripe up week in week out.

Todays performance was the icing on the cake for me and if he's the cream of the local youth we've got problems as we've got no chance of rising to the top with this nougat leading the line.

So Shola if you can't stand the heat get out the kitchen as we've already had our fingers burnt enough over the years with plenty other puddings.

Aye, Shola needs to shut his fucking cakehole, saying that he's targeting an England call-up and setting himself a target of 15 goals this season, I for one took these comments with a pinch, no in fact a punch of salt!

I've no doubt Anus-ly Harriot would be a more prolific scorer than the black pudding that is Ameobi!

And to think he's taking home a hefty slice of pie for his "exertions" on the pitch!

He must have filled his Armani's with cream when king pie-eater Freddie Shepherd offered him a new contract.

We were all shite in the first half.  Give the player ratings at half time and he'd be about average with the rest.

51318[/snapback]

Keeper and defence had barely allowed them a shot on target in 45 mins, none of them were even close to shite in the first half.

Nobby and Emre had shown some nice touches without great penetration but a couple of chances were created, again neither close to being shite and the same applies to Parker and Zog.

We were all shite in the first half.  Give the player ratings at half time and he'd be about average with the rest.

51318[/snapback]

Keeper and defence had barely allowed them a shot on target in 45 mins, none of them were even close to shite in the first half.

Nobby and Emre had shown some nice touches without great penetration but a couple of chances were created, again neither close to being shite and the same applies to Parker and Zog.

51319[/snapback]

Owen was just as woeful though. (in 1st half)

Edited by Holden McGroin

51318[/snapback]

51319[/snapback]

51321[/snapback]

I think he said as much in his interview after the match!

The great thing with Owen is he could be shite for 90 mins (but rarely ever will be) and you'd still back him to score a goal or 2 if the chances are created.

51318[/snapback]

51319[/snapback]

51321[/snapback]

I think he said as much in his interview after the match!

The great thing with Owen is he could be shite for 90 mins (but rarely ever will be) and you'd still back him to score a goal or 2 if the chances are created.

51322[/snapback]

Good point, but im just interested to see how Shola did over the whole 90 after we started playing well. Hard to judge him after 45 when the majority of the team were playing well below their standard.

Good to see Ameobi return to his lethal form, showing that last weeks performance was just a fluke that even he can't explain. I would rather have Ainsley Harriot up front as he's certainly got more chance of getting in behind the opposing teams defence than what Shola does, although on annoyance value there definitely on par.

51291[/snapback]

What is he like?

;)

Good to see Ameobi return to his lethal form, showing that last weeks performance was just a fluke that even he can't explain. I would rather have Ainsley Harriot up front as he's certainly got more chance of getting into the pants of opposing teams defence than what Shola does, although on annoyance value there definitely on par.

51291[/snapback]

;)

Good to see Ameobi return to his lethal form, showing that last weeks performance was just a fluke that even he can't explain. I would rather have Ainsley Harriot up front as he's certainly got more chance of getting into the pants of opposing teams defence than what Shola does, although on annoyance value there definitely on par.

51291[/snapback]

;)

51343[/snapback]

Didn't even wait until someone posted after me. Jesus wept.

51318[/snapback]

spot on. Owens goals are saving us from a relegation scrap. At the rate he is currently scoring we might, just might, finish in the top half of the table.

Cue those who defend Souness saying he has "succeeded" when he took over a squad/team that was 5th, and spent 50m quid on it.

Odd way of thinking. To me, its a definite failure and cock up of the 3rd degree.

Owens goals are saving us from a relegation scrap. At the rate he is currently scoring we might, just might, finish in the top half of the table.

Cue those who defend Souness saying he has "succeeded" when he took over a squad/team that was 5th, and spent 50m quid on it.

Odd way of thinking. To me, its a definite failure and cock up of the 3rd degree.

51368[/snapback]

Sorry LM, but that just comes across as somebody who is pissed off that we won yesterday. Yes Owen's goals are doing good for us - that's his fuckin' job - but how many has he created on his own? Probably none from what I can think. That means it is the team who are creating things for him - something that indicates they are doing something right.

'Owen's goals' implies that without them we would struggle. Yes, that's correct but what about other teams who rely heavily on a certain striker, such as Arsenal and Manure? Once Henry and Van Horse stop scoring, things aren't just as they should be - no different from us.

We are just coming out of an injury problem of fuckin' gargantuan proportions imo and only now will we be able to tell how things really are with our team.

I still suspect Souness is the wrong man for the job, but it is only now that we will be able to judge properly. I know, we all do ;) , you're opininion of Souness but, as I said, that post you made just sounded sour grapes to me.

Maybe it is just me, but it sounded like a really negative post just to keep your anti-Souness stance on track.

51318[/snapback]

spot on. Owens goals are saving us from a relegation scrap. At the rate he is currently scoring we might, just might, finish in the top half of the table.

51368[/snapback]

As I pointed out to you a couple of days ago, you're becoming a parody of yourself with the constant references to Souness in every thread you post in. Just enjoy the fact that we're having a good spell instead of droaning on about Souness man. FFS. ;)

I wouldn't say we were that poor first half in that we created a few half chances, had one decent chance and restricted their efforst on goal. In any case, does it matter if you're poor in the first half and have a good second half that wins the match?

Owens goals are saving us from a relegation scrap. At the rate he is currently scoring we might, just might, finish in the top half of the table.

51368[/snapback]

Sorry LM, but that just comes across as somebody who is pissed off that we won yesterday. Yes Owen's goals are doing good for us - that's his fuckin' job - but how many has he created on his own? Probably none from what I can think. That means it is the team who are creating things for him - something that indicates they are doing something right.

'Owen's goals' implies that without them we would struggle. Yes, that's correct but what about other teams who rely heavily on a certain striker, such as Arsenal and Manure? Once Henry and Van Horse stop scoring, things aren't just as they should be - no different from us.

We are just coming out of an injury problem of fuckin' gargantuan proportions imo and only now will we be able to tell how things really are with our team.

I still suspect Souness is the wrong man for the job, but it is only now that we will be able to judge properly. I know, we all do ;) , you're opininion of Souness but, as I said, that post you made just sounded sour grapes to me.

Maybe it is just me, but it sounded like a really negative post just to keep your anti-Souness stance on track.

51373[/snapback]

It is well documented I am anti Souness. We played well yesterday 2nd half and if we played like that more we could move up the league. My main itch is everybody saying judge Souness when everyone is fit. My problem is that you don't judge leaders on what they do during the good times. You judge leaders on what they do during the difficult times.

It is well documented I am anti Souness. We played well yesterday 2nd half and if we played like that more we could move up the league. My main itch is everybody saying judge Souness when everyone is fit. My problem is that you don't judge leaders on what they do during the good times. You judge leaders on what they do during the difficult times.

51424[/snapback]

I agree, but if we go on a good run we should leave him alone tbh.

The league's wide open (from 2nd down) and Chelsea are out of the cup we have the best chance in. We also don't have Europe to fatigue us! B)

We could have a very good season from here on. ;):lol:

I wouldn't say we were that poor first half in that we created a few half chances, had one decent chance and restricted their efforst on goal. In any case, does it matter if you're poor in the first half and have a good second half that wins the match?

51392[/snapback]

Owen should have been on the end of Solano's free kick, and he knows it. We definitely looked the better team in the first half with some decent passing for a change.

51424[/snapback]

I agree, but if we go on a good run we should leave him alone tbh.

The league's wide open (from 2nd down) and Chelsea are out of the cup we have the best chance in. We also don't have Europe to fatigue us! B)

We could have a very good season from here on. ;):lol:

51430[/snapback]

We already had the problem with good runs clouding people's views last season. I'm not getting excited by beating the likes of Sunderland, Grimsby and WBA. Especially if the performances are overall poor.

I stop complaining about Souness at the moment when results and performances are getting better on a more permanent basis and against better opposition. I don't mind Souness getting things right, I just doubt his ability.

It would be nice to keep the run going with a good performance and a win at home next week against Brum. Let's face it, if we are going to get into Europe we should be beating the likes of them at home. That way if Luque comes back for the Chelsea match, it'll be a tough game for him but at least he'll have the luxury of coming into a side with a bit of confidence and form.

We already had the problem with good runs clouding people's views last season. I'm not getting excited by beating the likes of Sunderland, Grimsby and WBA. Especially if the performances are overall poor.

I stop complaining about Souness at the moment when results and performances are getting better on a more permanent basis and against better opposition. I don't mind Souness getting things right, I just doubt his ability.

51436[/snapback]

I haven't been this optimistic about our first team for a long time.

Our midfield is defined and exciting and in Owen we have probably the best striker in the country.

Our keeper is probably in the top 3 and if our defence can start gelling we could have a decent season.

Seriously, I'm starting to feel good... ;)

Last season I thought our good runs were mainly down to gritty performances and a bit of good fortune (although I still think we should have won the UEFA cup). This season, mainly because of the personnel, I'm much more confident. At times yesterday I thought we saw the potential of the side. I still think we look a bit dodgy at the back but we are getting there.

Last season I thought our good runs were mainly down to gritty performances and a bit of good fortune (although I still think we should have won the UEFA cup). This season, mainly because of the personnel, I'm much more confident. At times yesterday I thought we saw the potential of the side. I still think we look a bit dodgy at the back but we are getting there.

51441[/snapback]

Yay for the half full brigade! ;)

I think in recent seasons we've finished in flattering positions. Towards the end of the 02/03 season I thought we were starting to look very average.

The difference is we have guys putting in crosses again at long last

But Ameobi isn't any better

51460[/snapback]

That is impossible because Souness doesn't believe in wingers.

Honestly when I think back to the furore over that comment, it's exactly the sort of reason that I won't go on Newcastle-Online anymore. ;)