A war against Iran

Ketsbaia

It's looking like it. ;) In my opinion there is already more evidence in support of a war against Iran than there ever was against Iraq and i'm sure that Mr. Bush and Mr. Blair will act on this evidence sooner rather than later.

Here is a country that is trying to develop its own Nuclear program, much to the anger of the western world and his only recently said that they want a certain country wiped off the face of the earth. Israel aren't exactly afraid of acting when national security is threatened either. In a few years time we could well be in a situation where Iran and Israel are pointing guns at each other in a mini version of the Cold War but with more immediate danger. George Dubbaya must be counting his lucky stars that Iran are pouring petrol on the fire and making the case for a war even stronger.

It has ticks in all the right boxes.

Oil

Oil

Oil

Oil

Little chance of attacking US soil

Did I mention oil ?

51308[/snapback]

Another poet in our midst?

I for one think it's been too long since the last war and if Bush wants to wade into someone else's battle then it's fine by me, there's nothing like putting on Sky news when i get in from work and catching up on the day's war!

But George if we help you in this one please can you ask your troops to try not to "friendly fire" on our boys as much as last time. I know it's hard but please try!

It has ticks in all the right boxes.

Oil

Oil

Oil

Oil

Little chance of attacking US soil

Did I mention oil ?

51308[/snapback]

LOL.

But Jimbo, it's not always oil..is it ever ? If Iran and Israel are determined to confront each other...high stakes indeed. Should we just sit back and let them develop weapons when we know this is how they will use them ? No.

Oh, I can see this thread staying friendly. ;)

Step right up, Steve the bookmaker here taking bets on a few different things.

How many pages will this thread last before it's locked?

How long until this turns into a racism thread?

How long until someone flat out insults another poster?

I'm taking bets on those and any other categories that you might think of.

Oh, and I think a war on Iran would be suicide for any regime that goes in there.

I don't think us or America could realistically get involved in a war with Iran anytime soon. The concern is that Iran or Israel start (nuclear) war on each other. The Iranian president's comments were incredible.

51329[/snapback]

The thing with Iran is that it is such a mix of traditional conservatives and modernisers. The cruical difference between them is whether religion should dictate the political system.

Long article, but a great insight-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../iran/casey.xml

Shouldn't America think about finishing off the conflicts in Afganistan and Iraq properly before starting another one?

51332[/snapback]

Why? when they spin another plate in the air and divert attention away from the fact that those conflicts aren't remotely close to looking like there is a conclusion in the same vicinity

A war in Iran is a probable as Dubya calling it Iraq in a public address.

A nuclear power with fanatcis in control is terrifying, (not the yanks this time..). IF Israel was attacked, they have the military arsenal to retaliate and it would be seconds before it escalated to nuclear attacks, and when Israel gets hit America will be a sure thing to step in, when they do, we'll undoubtedly be a little sycophant right behind them...

I cannot fathom how the Iranian president can continue to be dealt with after such a horrendously stupid and provocative statement. Forget the French insulting our food, this sounded like a clear message of intent.

I know it's far too complicated for the likes of me, but I just grow more and more reactionary to the seemingly endless torrent of hatred that spills from that area of the globe.

Jesus!!

Iran would be a bloodbath - those people REALLY believe in martyrdom

and a lot of it is mountains - its not a simple drive through the desert

plus I think Blair would be straight out - no-one would ever believe him or support him and whilst the USA CAN theoretically go to war on their own it would be very very lonely.....................

As a half-Iranian, I think the Iranian people would be delighted if the US and Britian were to rid the country of these Mullahs, who clearly have an unwanted stranglehold on Iran. Speaking to most of my family over there, they would love it if Ayatollah Khamenei and those other dirty fuckers were eradicated all together.

Edited by BastianSchweinsteiger

As a half-Iranian, I think the Iranian people would be delighted if the US and Britian were to rid the country of these Mullahs, who clearly have an unwanted stranglehold on Iran. Speaking to most of my family over there, they would love it if Ayatollah Khamenei and those other dirty fuckers were eradicated all together.

51648[/snapback]

Didn't the Iraqis say the same?

It's great until all the mad bastards run in and fill the power vacuum resulting in anarchy.

I'm sure you're right btw, I just don't think it would go well.

If the US do choose to have another war in the Middle East, the Blair administration would have to do a bit of a U-Turn from Straw's comments a few months ago:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4289470.stm

UK rules out Iran military action

The UK foreign secretary says military action is still inconceivable against Iran and he hopes diplomacy can solve deadlock over its nuclear programme.

US President George W Bush has refused to rule out military strikes against Iran, which Washington accuses of wanting to develop nuclear weapons.

"It is not on the agenda, I happen to think that it is inconceivable," Jack Straw told BBC radio.

Shouldn't America think about finishing off the conflicts in Afganistan and Iraq properly before starting another one?

51332[/snapback]

not too difficult if they really wanted to end it for keeps

It's looking like it. ;)  In my opinion there is already more evidence in support of a war against Iran than there ever was against Iraq and i'm sure that Mr. Bush and Mr. Blair will act on this evidence sooner rather than later.

Here is a country that is trying to develop its own Nuclear program, much to the anger of the western world and his only recently said that they want a certain country wiped off the face of the earth. Israel aren't exactly afraid of acting when national security is threatened either. In a few years time we could well be in a situation where Iran and Israel are pointing guns at each other in a mini version of the Cold War but with more immediate danger.  George Dubbaya must be counting his lucky stars that Iran are pouring petrol on the fire and making the case for a war even stronger.

51303[/snapback]

absolutely correct. And in spite of what others may be tainting the yanks [and us] it has absolutely nothing to do with either of us. If this happens, the whole world is in danger, do we really want to stand by and allow it to develop, the fact is their is only one warmonger here, and it isn't us or the yanks.

Jesus!!

plus I think Blair would be straight out  - no-one would ever believe him or support him and whilst the USA CAN theoretically go to war on their own it would be very very lonely.....................

51445[/snapback]

Suddenly war in Iran seems a viable prospect! ;)

Jesus!!

plus I think Blair would be straight out  - no-one would ever believe him or support him and whilst the USA CAN theoretically go to war on their own it would be very very lonely.....................

51445[/snapback]

Suddenly war in Iran seems a viable prospect! ;)

51725[/snapback]

In a cozy, understanding, all loving world, we would all be nice to each other.

Well - far from calling Bush and Blair warmongers and slating them for wanting rid of the real warmongers, wake up time beckons.

If Bush and Blair were the real warmongers, why haven't they wiped half the middle east off the map ? The REAL warmongers are rearing their ugly heads, and its now as obvious as the nose on your face who they are.

The reason why we might be on our own, is the usual one. The rest of the world know we are the only ones prepared to stand up and do something about it, we should be proud of it [although be concerned for our own troops] and heap the deserved scorn on those who as usual, will stand by watching us save their skins, if

this idiot tries to start a conflict.