If we stay up and Shearer is given £20m

tinofbeans

Left-back, two creative midfielders with pace, two strikers (Owen & Viduka probably gone, likewise Xisco, Martins possibly).

Plus all other outgoings replaced (actually we could probably lose a couple of our midfield plodders and scarce notice the difference, but you get my drift). Absolute minimum.

We'll not get that while Ashley's here though.

thats true, but i doubt he'd splash even that much cash. fact of the matter is to get a side that can compete with the evertons and villa's of this world you'd probably have to spend £50m with what we have....

Try to get Youssef El-Akchoui from NEC Nijmegen on the cheap,he wants to take a step up to a bigger club and Feyenoord can't afford him.A decent left-back,useful in going forward,28 years old and probably going for under 4mil.

We'd need a lot less to progress if Keegan had been given £25mil net last summer and Ashley had told Wise to stick to signing kids.

Stupid fat cunt.

Precisely.

a left back but I'd be alright with sticking with the youth policy on that one as cover as I tihnk enrique is getting better and better

midfield is our biggest priority, the strikers we have will get goals if they are given service but whether we'll have them next season is another matter but I feel a winger who with some pace and a CM with some craft and vision are absolute essentials as well as replacing any players heading out

I honestly don't know what to expect though without the "upper management" of wise etc around I can't see ashley being able to push Shearer around but JFK would be another matter all together

taiwo (8 million) - probably the best left back available to a club at our level

emana (5 million) - extremely dynamic cameroonian midfielder at Betis - saw him a few times against the big Spanish clubs and he was awesome

jean II makoun (7 million) - rock solid dmc

taiwo (8 million) - probably the best left back available to a club at our level

emana (5 million) - extremely dynamic cameroonian midfielder at Betis - saw him a few times against the big Spanish clubs and he was awesome

1) we don't need a first choice left back and certainly not one that pricey

2) no idea who he is so wont comment

3)is at lyon, will never come to us

A kid would do at left back, now that Duff has shown he can play there. If anything id be after a LW to replace Duff and a CM with a bit of invention

:razz:

A kid would do at left back, now that Duff has shown he can play there. If anything id be after a LW to replace Duff and a CM with a bit of invention

hes right though, not because duff can play there but because Jose is good enough to be our first choice

1) we don't need a first choice left back and certainly not one that pricey

2) no idea who he is so wont comment

3)is at lyon, will never come to us

Taiwo is a great player. Good at set pieces aswell. £8million would be a bargain but would never happen.

hes right though, not because duff can play there but because Jose is good enough to be our first choice

Yeah, not saying Duff should be second choice LB or anything but he's been better there than on the wing! So a cheap covering LB for Enrique would do, and the priority for everyone on here i'm sureis some mifielders with creativity and hopefully a bit of pace.

Then strikers depending on who stays and goes of our exisiting options.

Left-back, two creative midfielders with pace, two strikers (Owen & Viduka probably gone, likewise Xisco, Martins possibly).

Plus all other outgoings replaced (actually we could probably lose a couple of our midfield plodders and scarce notice the difference, but you get my drift). Absolute minimum.

We'll not get that while Ashley's here though.

Especially not on the Championship. :razz:

Who would we buy in the championship then?

Beckford is still worth a shout like

The thing that really worries me is if we end up buying :razz: players in the Championship, like we've pretty much bought Championship players (albeit very expensive ones) in the Premiership under Ashley.

Almost no one we've brought in has been better than what we had, or sold, and worse they've not being signings designed to build the team and squad.

Although if someone is actually given a budget and is allowed to build a functional squad and a team, we still might be better off.

For example does Milner look like a good deal now? Even for all that cash? Even if someone had been allowed to spend that cash? Mismanagement on the scale we've seen can and will utterly destroy a club :rolleyes: - and that need not stop with it dropping out of the Premiership. :P

Edited by Fop