A Tribute To Kevin

Tooj

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe people are still posting shit like this over on N-O

f***ing Kevin Keegan. Just thinking about him makes me angry, especially today.

I hate him. I absolutely hate him and hopes he never comes anywhere near football again. And I won't be bothered trying to argue why it's right or not that I feel that way. I just do.

Fucking clueless.

• 1 year later...

I hate him. I absolutely hate him and hopes he never comes anywhere near football again. And I won't be bothered trying to argue why it's right or not that I feel that way. I just do.

Fucking clueless.

Absolute backward cunts.

Fucking clueless.

Absolute backward cunts.

I'd love it, love if they just fucked off from 'supporting' our club <_<

I agree completely with Jonny, and i was only a wee bairn at the time of our success under Keegan and i even felt it back then.

the viva la keegan video is brilliant <_<

is there a link to that video

Fucking clueless.

Absolute backward cunts.

I'd love it, love if they just fucked off from 'supporting' our club :(

Find it staggering people can have that opinion. Staggering.

Edit : even if it was 2 yrs ago :razz:

Edited by JawD

• 1 year later...

I've still got the video somewhere as well that my granda recorded live on Tyne Tees of the promotion parade starting at Gosforth too.

I must get that ripped to DVD at some point.

I'm not an aggressive kid, but on Saturday night after the Norwich game I was in the pub, and this kid who is an acquaintance but no more, started slagging Keegan off. "Keegan is partly to blame for our position now", I had to walk out the pub, I was fantasising about doing what Begbie did in that pub in London, I just had to walk away.

This kid is 34 so there's nee excuses, but I find that a lot of kids under 30 don't have enough respect for Keegan. Newcastle-Online lot used to be a lot like this, for what he did for this football club, putting us back on the map in 1992, in a way no one else could, he should command the highest respect of any person who's ever been involved in sport. His love of Newcastle United is unrivalled and the people who were touched by the magnificence of him as a player, or my generation as a manager and ambassador for NUFC and the North East of England will regard him as number one forever.

However, you see little arseholes all of the time, clever little shites 18 to 29 slagging him off for a variety of things. They should be shot with shite the lot of them, and it's refreshing when you see younger kids like Jonny with such high regard for him.

I remember a couple of my mates who think as highly of the man as I do questioning him over the 2008 walkout saying he should have stayed and worked it out - I told them to wait for the compo trial and fair enough they told me they'd been wrong for doubting him.

I've said before the double edged sword for me was his last comeback restarted the flame of my love for football which was barely fluttering at the time but sadly how it ended had the result of pissing all over that - not because of him directly but because of how it showed up how shit football has become since he left in 97.

I'm not an aggressive kid, but on Saturday night after the Norwich game I was in the pub, and this kid who is an acquaintance but no more, started slagging Keegan off. "Keegan is partly to blame for our position now", I had to walk out the pub, I was fantasising about doing what Begbie did in that pub in London, I just had to walk away.

This kid is 34 so there's nee excuses, but I find that a lot of kids under 30 don't have enough respect for Keegan. Newcastle-Online lot used to be a lot like this, for what he did for this football club, putting us back on the map in 1992, in a way no one else could, he should command the highest respect of any person who's ever been involved in sport. His love of Newcastle United is unrivalled and the people who were touched by the magnificence of him as a player, or my generation as a manager and ambassador for NUFC and the North East of England will regard him as number one forever.

However, you see little arseholes all of the time, clever little shites 18 to 29 slagging him off for a variety of things. They should be shot with shite the lot of them, and it's refreshing when you see younger kids like Jonny with such high regard for him.

Quite honoured that you've called me a younger kid. ;):lol:

He will always be my number one footballing hero for what he did for us. I count myself extremely lucky that I grew up at a time period when me getting into football coincided with Keegan's first spell in charge of us. It was an absolute privilege not just to watch us but to know such a man was associated with us at the time.