Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

I'm watching The Sopranos from the start. I watched them years ago, right up to the final season, and somehow never finished it and it's too late to just watch that now cos I've forgotten everything.

Anyway it's class.

I'm going through them again too since the other half hasn't watched it before, got as far as season 3 at the moment.

neither did the writers :cuppa:

did that not so long ago, the early season look a fair bit dated.

Top top show, to think at one time you had 24, Sopranos, West Wing, House, Boston Legal all on the air at the same time, nowhere near the same amount of quality shows running now.

24 = Homeland

Sopranos = Boardwalk Empire

West Wing = Mad Men

Not seen the other two, but Breaking Bad, Louis & Curb Your Enthusiasm are all mint too.

Class that like. As is anything that has Dexter Fletcher doing an American accent.

I can't remember if he played a yank in Press Gang with Julia Swahala(sp?)

That's a very average list with the exception of Breaking Bad. Haven't seen Rescue Me, lost patience with/interest in Dexter and SoA. 24 is just repetitive drivel. Haven't seen The Shield.

That's a very average list with the exception of Breaking Bad. Haven't seen Rescue Me, lost patience with/interest in Dexter and SoA. 24 is just repetitive drivel. Haven't seen The Shield.

Thats an average list of 6, except for 1 and you haven't seen 2 of them? ;)

Edited by J69

For US tv series, first 2 series of Deadwood were really good and first series of Broadwalk Empire was superb. Looking forward to watching second series of Broadwalk Empire, hope it can maintain the standard of the first series.

For US tv series, first 2 series of Deadwood were really good and first series of Broadwalk Empire was superb. Looking forward to watching second series of Broadwalk Empire, hope it can maintain the standard of the first series.

It's better

Right, I need some help. The lass is wanting to watch Downton Abbey (we've never seen it). I am humming and harring over it. I like period dramas when done well (Brideshead revisited (1980s version, Bleak House for instance). My question is this: is it actually any good/worth getting into?

Aye can someone get on google for wykiki please, he'd like to know:

Whether you can get the terminator movies on blu ray box set, and when Homeland Series 2 airs. I think his google's broke.

:razz:

(does this or Deadwood count? it's about a period...)

i think this is great, two seasons of it available atm it's been given the greenlight for a third

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1582457/

borgias_wallpaper_1280x1024.jpg

Cheers, I'll deek it. Watching downton abbey. It's weird, it's really slow but you kind of get sucked in and, despite my best efforts, I'm kind of enjoying it.

Breaking Bad has 4 seasons under it's belt (5th starting this Sunday) and is a very, very good show. Well worth watching.

I orderd Season 1 the other day, hopefully that will arrive today :)

Right, I need some help. The lass is wanting to watch Downton Abbey (we've never seen it). I am humming and harring over it. I like period dramas when done well (Brideshead revisited (1980s version, Bleak House for instance). My question is this: is it actually any good/worth getting into?

It's good but not magnificent.