Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Started Justified last night. Just 1 episode in and as a stand alone episode it was mint.

I hate episodioc crime drama though, every 60 minutes looking at another bad guy who inevitably gets caught and the world is well, Columbo, Murder She Wrote & The Mentalist style. Obviously better to watch the drawn out affairs like The Wire, Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire or Breaking bad. This looks like tending more to the episodic at the moment...given the bad guy got done at the end of the episode. Hope it stays away from that, the reviews of the latter series suggest it's well worth sticking with.

Usain Bolt documentary on BBC1 now - looks canny.

Was it the one with Michael Johnson?

I got Breaking Bad first series at the weekend after all the good noises coming from here, watched the first Ep last night and really enjoyed it. I shall be watching more this evening :)

It's being done in 2 parts.

Cranston :

“We’re splitting it. We’re going to shoot the first eight, then take a four-month production break, then the rest will air next year.”

What's that, another talent show?

They're looking for a Jesus.

I have tickets for said show in September (only cos Tim Minchin is playing Judas) so I have a bit of a vested interest in who wins it.

I thought Twenty Twelve tonight was really good - almost prophetic against the backdrop of current events .

They've got management speak horseshit and career-climber wanker nuiances just nice .

Based on assumptions only - it's how I imagine a lot of London offices to actually be .

Started Justified last night. Just 1 episode in and as a stand alone episode it was mint.

I hate episodioc crime drama though, every 60 minutes looking at another bad guy who inevitably gets caught and the world is well, Columbo, Murder She Wrote & The Mentalist style. Obviously better to watch the drawn out affairs like The Wire, Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire or Breaking bad. This looks like tending more to the episodic at the moment...given the bad guy got done at the end of the episode. Hope it stays away from that, the reviews of the latter series suggest it's well worth sticking with.

For the first season or so it has the "bad guy of the week" thing going, but starting from towards the end of the first onward it gives that up for overall season arcs, although there is still the odd individual cases, they all seem to end up having a role to play in the overall story progression or character development.

Well worth sticking with.

Just finished watching Downton Abbey...

don't go there... just, don't. First series was passable, the second series was woeful. Some of the worst writing ive seen. Just terrible.

The Newsroom looks like it's really starting to disappear up its own arse. Sorkin could get away this that shit on the West Wing because he was using the POTUS to peddle his left wing ideology and save the world shenanigans. You can't do the same thing with a TV news anchor.

The scene in episode four where they single-handedly saved the Four Estate from disaster by not mistakenly announcing the death of a Congresswoman while having Coldplay's Fix You playing over it was utterly cringeworthy.