Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

I read that True Detective thing earlier and felt like I'd been watching a different show entirely. :lol: I've not been paying much attention to it because I've found most of it pretty boring, though the last few episodes have been a bit more interesting.

Finished Peaky Blinders (excellent) and Humans (enjoyable series but was a bit bored by the end) last night.

Thank fuck for that. I've been pretty much lost with the whole thing. People keep appearing who I think I'm supposed to know but don't have a clue who they are so that has cleared a lot up.

When you read it though it's a good plot but I don't think it's been done at all well. It's hard enough keeping track of a film like Chinatown over a couple of hours but when you've got an 8 episode series with such a convoluted plot and you're trying to remember everything week on week it's almost impossible!

It also doesnt help when most of the characters have obscure names

I quite like James Spader but I just read the background to the story for Blacklist on wiki. It sounds fucking ridiculous.

Spader is good to be fair.

I could tolerate the dubious premise if it wasn't for the script and other actors but episode 1 has dialogue like "Don't forget we're adopting a baby". I can tolerate necessary exposition in a short police procedural show, but that must rank up there with the worst example of reminding someone of something they should clearly know about.

Blacklist is ridiculous as fuck like but we enjoy it in that you don't have to think about it kind of way.

Plus Reddington is class.

That's a bit like us with Lillyhammer.

Wet Hot American Summer is canny if you're after a comedy. Recommend you watch the movie first as some of the jokes land better if you're familiar with it. Great cast too.

I've watched 3 or 4 episodes of it and I think they've hit the tone they were orginally looking for much better than the film did. I thought the first scene with Bradley Cooper and Michael Ian Black was excellent.

I blasted through episodes 4 to 7 at the weekend and it picked up markedly from the first three episodes which were a bit ropey. Didn't have time to watch the finale last night but might give it a blast tonight.

Kelly Reilly is fittttttt.

I blasted through episodes 4 to 7 at the weekend and it picked up markedly from the first three episodes which were a bit ropey. Didn't have time to watch the finale last night but might give it a blast tonight.

Kelly Reilly is fittttttt.

Watching a few episodes together will have probably helped your enjoyment of it. There's was too much that was so insignificant seeming at the time that you'd forgot about it when it was brought up again weeks later. I enjoyed it overall. Wasn't as good as the first season but I didn't expect it to be. Harrelson and McConaughey were so good together I never thought they'd be able to recapture that with someone else.

Just finishing up True Detective now. I've found it a disappointing series tbh, I didn't really like any of the characters or the storyline. Massive let down after S1 but that was always likely to be the case since I enjoyed that one a lot.

I thought it was good. I think as DK alluded to earlier, anything like this suffers if you watch it in a weekly episodic format. It's why the Netflix model is perfect - they stick something like House of Cards up and you can get through 12 episodes in a couple of weeks and it doesn't matter if the thing moves a bit slowly or there's a lot going on because you watch it quick enough for that not to matter.

I was struggling with this buy I've watched the last 5 episodes in 5 days and ended up liking it. It isn't near as good as the first one but that was pretty exceptional.

I thought it was good. I think as DK alluded to earlier, anything like this suffers if you watch it in a weekly episodic format. It's why the Netflix model is perfect - they stick something like House of Cards up and you can get through 12 episodes in a couple of weeks and it doesn't matter if the thing moves a bit slowly or there's a lot going on because you watch it quick enough for that not to matter.

I was struggling with this buy I've watched the last 5 episodes in 5 days and ended up liking it. It isn't near as good as the first one but that was pretty exceptional.

That mean you'd give Game of Thrones another chance?

I can get dragon free versions of both and no imps or chat about "the King's justice" elsewhere and on demand. It's crap man. I will not waste any more time on it.

Let this be the end of this, lest you suffer the King's justice.