Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Stranger Things.

Should really be called familiar things given its a complete rip off of many popular movies incl Stand by me, ET, poltergeist, Alien etc.

That said, very well put together and beautifully takes me back to my early teens. I too had the calculator watch, the bike with a radio attached and an encounter with something strange!!!!!

Shame really that they didn't just leave this at one season.

Go on then, I'll take the bait.

Please tell us in hilariously mispelled English about your strange encounter as a callow ginge.

:lol: a ufo hovered, SILENTLY, above a group of us in the park and shone a light upon us. Must have been about 100 ft above us.

We froze for a second then ran. Now whether we actually froze with fear or whether the tractor beam made time stand still while they probed us, I have no idea.

Actually could be why I have a bad memory. Maybe most of my thoughts are sucked straight to another galaxy.

Go on then, I'll take the bait.

Please tell us in hilariously mispelled English about your strange encounter as a callow ginge.

:lol:

"Sure you can laugh, but I bumped into a strange bean from another planet. He had white hair and a mask on with gold chains hanging off his tracksuit. Said he was Jimmy Savile and he fixed it for me to milk a cow blindfolded while Wham's 'Wake me up before you go go' was playing from his car radio in the background. Great days back then and nobody wanted for anything thanks to the new prime minister, Maggie Thatcher."

/CT

:lol: a ufo hovered, SILENTLY, above a group of us in the park and shone a light upon us. Must have been about 100 ft above us.

We froze for a second then ran. Now whether we actually froze with fear or whether the tractor beam made time stand still while they probed us, I have no idea.

Actually could be why I have a bad memory. Maybe most of my thoughts are sucked straight to another galaxy.

Fucking hell! can read you like a book! :lol: :lol:

Where did you grow up?

I'm surprised they needed as long as a second.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Master of None.

Really liked the Woody Allen stylings (and lots of other movie references especially the Kurosawa style cuts to a drum beat). Gets a bit preachy with it's message comedy and doesn't live up to the standards of Louie, but it's the sort of thing Louie would be if CK was making it when he was 20 years younger.