Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

The Fall S3 was fucking shite. In 6 hours literally almost nothing happens, pure psychobabble gubbins. Am feeling annoyed I've wasted so much time watching this which as Alex says jumped the shark by S2 even.

The Fall S3 was fucking shite. In 6 hours literally almost nothing happens, pure psychobabble gubbins. Am feeling annoyed I've wasted so much time watching this which as Alex says jumped the shark by S2 even.

In the one I just watched there's this bit where Gibson sees a car coming towards the place above Belfast where they know the killer has been because he used a phone there. She sees the car stop, turn its lights off then reverse away. She doesn't say a word but notes down the reg number then later gets the police to go looking for it. Even though there were about 20 police behind her, not to mention a police car when she first saw it. :lol: I mean, what the fuck is that all about? It's literally just stretching things out for the sake of it. Should've been a one-off 6-part series.

Edited by Alex

In the one I just watched there's this bit where Gibson sees a car coming towards the place above Belfast where they know the killer has been because he used a phone there. She sees the car stop, turn its lights off then reverse away. She doesn't say a word but notes down the reg number then later gets the police to go looking for it. Even though there were about 20 police behind her, not to mention a police car when she first saw it. :lol: I mean, what the fuck is that all about? It's literally just stretching things out for the sake of it. Should've been a one-off 6-part series.

Careful what you say about The Fall, that's where I fell foul of Gemmil.  

I liked the first two series but I've only watched the first episode of the last one and it was more like an episode of Casualty.  I couldn't see where it was going to go that could be interesting after that so it's fallen right down my to watch list.

I've tried watching it before, had to turn it off before the end.  It seemed like a pretty fucking shitty life if you ask me.  I'm hoping I'll feel more uplifted by it at the pictures.

it's a christmas classic

I thought the finale of Westworld was excellent. Sorry for the spoiler Gem.

It was one of the best things I've seen in recent times. I might get round to starting a thread when I can be arsed.

It got an interesting review in the Guardian today saying its the defining TV show of the year.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/dec/07/why-westworld-is-the-defining-show-of-2016

It quotes Nolan as saying there was loads of intentional ambiguity to generate fan discussion on forums and compares the dialogue to a Boris Johnson speech (which seems a bit harsh). It also highlights the criticism that the characters are unrelateable which i reckon is why i struggled on the first couple of episodes. Not that any of that puts me off, ill definitely have to give it another go. 

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/dec/07/why-westworld-is-the-defining-show-of-2016

Aye, pretty much on board with all of that. There's no way that she did it, but fuck me she is a weird cunt and she did herself no favours during the investigation.

Posted about that Mail journalist on here the other day. What a fucking creep.

I particularly liked his closing comments

''I can't reveal my sources but what am I expected to do? Fact check all the information I'm given before I print it?''

Er, yeah, pretty much

Just reminded me but did anyone else catch that John Pilger film about the US and its Pacific bases? Looked canny but I've only seen the start and recorded it. Quite surprised to see it on ITV at a reasonable time (think it started at 10). It wasn't pulling any punches.

Enjoyed Westworld from the start but wasn't blown away with the last episode if that's to be the last one?

Definitely second lot filming next summer.

I got a bit bored after three but intend to go back to it over the break.