Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

'Ice cream is for gays' is the type of conversation I had when I was 13 and being a twat in my bedroom with my mates blasting out Nirvana on the ghetto blaster

Clarkson is 56 ffs

Most of this stuff seems to be very deliberate and I think there way to show that they are basically untouchable as far as complaints to Amazon and or OFCOM which followed them around so much during the last few seasons of Top Gear while still getting them headlines for being so outrageous.

Edited by MiddleAgeCool

Most of this stuff seems to be very deliberate and I think there way to show that they are basically untouchable as far as complaints to Amazon and or OFCOM which followed them around so much during the last few seasons of Top Gear while still getting them headlines for being so outrageous.

is being totally fucking shit deliberate too?

I watched the old Botswana top gear special the other day on Dave and not afraid to say I enjoyed it. We all know they're twats but they can make some watchable stuff. Haven't seen their new thing on Amazon - the wife walks out of the room whenever Clarkson comes on.

Anyone watched Horace and Pete yet?

Watched the first 2 the day.  Nowt else like it on telly.  Like Cheers if it was filmed as a stage play without the laugh track and with much more overt racism, sexism, homophobia, f'ing, blinding and cunting.

Not as many laughs as you'd expect from a show written, directed by and starring Louis CK, but the hour long episodes have enough laughs interspersed throughout the more story, character based approach than his last effort.

is being totally fucking shit deliberate too?

That's something else completely and linked the delta between their belief they can write hours of entertaining material and their actual ability which is close to inept. 

Thought Sherlock was one of the best ones they've done for a while.  They've still never surpassed A Study In Pink for me though.

I enjoyed Witness For The Prosecution.  It's not as good as the Charles Laughton film but still a nice piece of Christie.

Anyone see the Inside No. 9 Christmas special? I caught it by chance as I hadn't even heard it was going to be on. It wasn't my favourite thing that they've done but there were some funny bits. 

Yeah I enjoyed it.  You never know whether you're going to get laughs or just freaked out by Pemberton and Shearsmith and I thought this one was probably heavier on the latter (no surprise when you think back to the League Of Gentlemen Christmas special) but certainly had some laughs too.

Watched inside no 9. Think there would have been lots of people turned it off, if they didn't know the people involved and have faith that something fucked up would happen. The payoff well rewarded anyone sticking with it to the end.

Got Sherlock taped. Didn't realise it was another 3. Better effort than the last 2 year.

I'd be interested in what you think of the final episode

Mixed opinions on it, at first I thought it was setting the next series up nicely and happy her family were in the picture, then I thought it was going to be a cop out ending, then I cringed slightly with the final scene. But after re-evaluating it I think it ended well and leaves the next season wide open. I've enjoyed it, something a bit different from the regular TV show. Well acted aswell.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

The first episode of that new Tom Hardy show Taboo aired over here last night (think it was on BBC one on Saturday night), really enjoyed it tbh. Setting up to be quite interesting as it's not giving much away about the main character.

The first episode of that new Tom Hardy show Taboo aired over here last night (think it was on BBC one on Saturday night), really enjoyed it tbh. Setting up to be quite interesting as it's not giving much away about the main character.

Aye I enjoyed it.  Was surprised to see BBC showing it on a Saturday night and having the series on while they have Sherlock on too (not that they're related just they both are big shows for BBC).

Aye I enjoyed it.  Was surprised to see BBC showing it on a Saturday night and having the series on while they have Sherlock on too (not that they're related just they both are big shows for BBC).

Aye it does seem odd, normally they'd stagger things like that. Looking forward to next weeks episode, they done a great job of setting the characters up as interesting so hopefully the writing is up to it.

Watched the first 2 the day. Nowt else like it on telly. Like Cheers if it was filmed as a stage play without the laugh track and with much more overt racism, sexism, homophobia, f'ing, blinding and cunting.

Not as many laughs as you'd expect from a show written, directed by and starring Louis CK, but the hour long episodes have enough laughs interspersed throughout the more story, character based approach than his last effort.

I've watched the first couple and I think I like it. Like you say there's nothing else like it.

Alan Alder is brilliant in it.