Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

2 minutes ago, zerosum said:

Was the 3rd season the cali cartel one? If so yes I've mixed season 1and 2 together haha

Aye. I wasn't trying to be a smart arse, just thought you should watch season 3 if you'd only seen the first 2. Season 2 was basically Escobar on the run. They're doing a 4th one at present set in Mexico.

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye. I wasn't trying to be a smart arse, just thought you should watch season 3 if you'd only seen the first 2. Season 2 was basically Escobar on the run. They're doing a 4th one at present set in Mexico.

Aye, I noticed that at the end of s3.

I think El Chapo is made by a Spanish speaking company, so not designed for English speakers, unlike Narcos which of course included an English narrative provided by Murphy or Pena. Think I will just wait for the next series of Narcos! 

One of the people scouting locations for season 4 in Mexico was murdered last I heard (think it was a couple of months ago). With the finger being pointed at drug cartels but I assumed it's still going ahead.

31 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Youre asking the wrong man. The lazy twat couldn’t be bothered to read the subtitles. 

Probably too distracted thinking of all those lasses he didn’t have he balls to bone in his youth. 

:icon_lol:

Puta

There, that's better. 

54 minutes ago, zerosum said:

Have you watched Gomorrah? I enjoyed it. Italian with subtitles.. but great drama about mafia in Naples.

I really enjoyed the first season of Gomorrah (despite accidentally watching the 10th episode first) but I lost interest a couple of episodes into the second.  Keep meaning to give it another go but the lazy shit in me keeps it with the second season of The Bridge, The Killing & The Returned.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2017 at 4:25 PM, zerosum said:

Have you watched Gomorrah? I enjoyed it. Italian with subtitles.. but great drama about mafia in Naples.

That whole thing where him and his wife couldn't get the sofa right - chucking them out and getting new ones. :lol: (I think that was Gomorrah).

The huge council estate gave it that authenticity and constant feeling of jeopardy. There is another one of these mafia things done in Rome forget the name now but was nearly as good. Think Rome was the last city to fall as there were too many competing gangs.

On 10/23/2017 at 5:22 PM, David Kelly said:

I really enjoyed the first season of Gomorrah (despite accidentally watching the 10th episode first) but I lost interest a couple of episodes into the second.  Keep meaning to give it another go but the lazy shit in me keeps it with the second season of The Bridge, The Killing & The Returned.

The Bridge is top. Going to re-watch the whole things again.

16 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Couldn't get away with the US version, especially the way they dragged it out into a second season.  The original Danish version was much better.

I don’t mind a few subtitles, like the one about the MP that got sliced in half and left in the channel tunnel, but I couldn’t watch a full on subtitled job.

On 10/9/2017 at 7:16 AM, David Kelly said:

I watched an episode of an Anthony Bourdain series a few weeks ago about some little town near Boston that has the same problem with lots of people addicted to heroin on the back of oxicontin perscriptions for injuries.  It was suggesting that it's now a bigger problem in America than inner city drug addicts.

A couple of years back hiked the whole coastline all the way down to Tijuana. There were times where for thirty to forty miles that would be the only way to describe the people I encountered. Completely strung out on it. One city I went through almost every office and retail shop was abandoned. The grocery store there had three massive outdoor freezers. One of the doors were ajar and I peeked in and was shocked to see so many bunk beds and other makeshift sleeping areas with garbage piled almost to the ceiling. On many of the hiking trails in the national forests and in the wooded area along Highway 101, there were thousands of tents I encountered with homeless, drug addicted people nearby. Yes, thousands of them. 

In Portland, we have a little hidden gem of a dog park that also has an amazing area with eight different bike trails cut through the forested area near Highway 205. Just last weekend I counted 41 tents when just a month ago I was there and only saw 7.  

Then you have this:

The operators of a Southeast Portland medical clinic have been indicted, accused of prescribing excessive amounts of oxycodone and hydrocodone pills to customers and so-called recruiters in an alleged conspiracy involving 21 people.

Federal drug enforcement agents raided 14 locations Wednesday across metro Portland and arrested the defendants on drug charges, capping a 15-month investigation.

Julie Ann Demille, 58, and Osasuyi Kenneth Idumwonyi, 55, operators of the Fusion Wellness Clinic on Southeast 101st Avenue, are named in a 39-count indictment unsealed Thursday in U.S. District Court.

Demille, a nurse practitioner, and Idumwonyi, an office manager, both came to Portland to open the clinic after working at three medical clinics in Houston that were closed following federal investigations into illegal prescribing practices, according to the indictment. The two weren't interviewed as part of the Texas investigation.

Demille and Idumwonyi started working to establish the Portland clinic in November 2014 and opened it in January 2015 at 2442 S.E. 101st Ave. It was a cash-only business that didn't accept insurance payments from customers. The clinic set a fee of $200 per prescription, later increasing that to $250, according to the indictment.

Demille is accused of unlawfully prescribing excessive amounts of the pills to first-time customers, sometimes without doing any physical exams or doing only cursory exams to verify an illness or pain condition, Assistant U.S. Attorney Patrick Ehlers wrote in the indictment. She sometimes would prescribe medication without reviewing the person's addiction history, the indictment said.

Some appointments lasted no more than 45 to 90 seconds, Ehlers wrote. Prescriptions would cover about 120 oxycodone pills, which have a street value of about $1,800.

Demille lived in Estacada, while Idomwanyi stayed in Texas and flew to Portland weekly, serving as the clinic's office manager from Tuesday through Saturday, the indictment said.

In June, Demille sought to renew her application with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, but falsely claimed on a recorded phone call that she worked only at the Clackamas County Health Clinic, the indictment said. Meanwhile, she continued to prescribe narcotics from the Fusion Wellness Center, Ehlers wrote.

Demille and Idumwonyi are charged with multiple counts of conspiracy to distribute or dispense controlled substances and possession with intent to distribute controlled substances from November 2014 through July 27 of this year. Demille also faces charges of making a false statement to a U.S. agency.

Demille on Wednesday voluntarily surrendered her DEA registration as a narcotics provider, said Jodie Underwood, a spokeswoman for the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Aside from Demille and Idumwonyi, 19 others are charged with unlawful distribution of the drugs. Many served as recruiters, who would have access to customers' medical records and then offer to split prescription fees with them in exchange for some of their pills, the indictment said. Others indicted have been identified as customers.

"Rogue pain clinics facilitate the destruction of lives through drug abuse, addiction and even death," DEA Special Agent in-Charge Keith Weis said in a statement. "This is a national crisis as we are losing record numbers of Americans from prescription drugs, heroin, and fentanyl overdoses.''

Several of the accused made their first appearances Wednesday afternoon in U.S. District Court in Portland.

Among those were twin brothers Jeron Lamont Richards, 32, of Portland, and Leron Lamar Richards, 32, of Vancouver.

According to Ehlers, federal agents watched as Jeron Richards obtained pills from the clinic and then got into a vehicle with his brother. There, they split the pills among themselves and co-defendant Rawshetta Tyneshia Patterson, 35, Ehlers said in court.

Later, authorities discovered 13 pills in the sock of one of the Richards brothers, Ehlers said.

Jeron Richards entered a not guilty plea before U.S. Magistrate Judge Stacie F. Beckerman. A jury trial is set for Sept. 27.

Others indicted are: Brandi Elaine Elwood, 33, of Portland; Jermaine Lamar Scott, 39, of Beaverton; Brandon La'chon White, 45, of Portland; Preston Bethoven Thomas, 37, of Portland; Ann Leashell Preston, 45, of Portland; Audre Marie Zimmerman, 30, of Portland; James Edward Gill Jr., 33, of Portland; Renee Smith, 54, of Portland; Arthur Allen Hayes Jr., 36, of Portland; Ruben Lewis IV, 42, of Portland; Chrystal Jimelle Davis, 32, of Portland; Frederick Lee Washington,  60, of Portland; Martin Andrew Menefee, 34 of Portland,  John Edward Cox Jr., 55, of Portland,  and Dewayne Taylor, 63, of Portland. One of the people indicted hasn't been named.

The Fusion Wellness Clinic, which investigators said had about 400 customers, is described on its website as a nurse practitioner clinic with a focus on "healthy lifestyle and the management of acute and chronic medical conditions.''  The phone at the clinic rang without anyone answering Thursday.