Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

New series of Peaky Blinders started last night.  For some reason every time the new season starts I can never remember what happened previously.  Thoroughly enjoyable anyway with an explosive ending to the episode.  And Carcetti hasn't even turned up yet!

2 hours ago, David Kelly said:

New series of Peaky Blinders started last night.  For some reason every time the new season starts I can never remember what happened previously.  Thoroughly enjoyable anyway with an explosive ending to the episode.  And Carcetti hasn't even turned up yet!

It was absolutely awesome, Cillian Murphy is a terrific actor 

Edited by Tdansmith

On 16/11/2017 at 2:38 PM, David Kelly said:

Only got round to watching this last night, but it was fantastic like. Sets it up for a great sereis. 

Watched the new peaky blinders episode on iplayer .. starting good so far!

Began watching mindhunter on netflix (someone mentioned on here).. giving it another couple of episodes.. 1st wasn’t up to much.. 2nd a bit better. The missus likes it more than me.

Half way through The Punisher and so far it's much, much better than the last two Marvel Netflix offerings.

Not for the faint hearted at times, but a good mix of humour and darkness. In Iron Fist and the Defenders most of the fights felt lightweight, like they were showing off stunts. Whereas this feels more visceral. Think Bernthal is very good and is a great bit of casting (up there with D'Onofrio as Fisk and Tennant and Killgrave imo) and the support cast is decent too.

For people who're put off by the Comic Book source material, this has no spandex, no "superhero" vibe to it; it's a vengeance tv show. There's still some OTT violence, but it's in-keeping rather than gratuitous, imo.

Finished the second season of Stranger Things yesterday.  I enjoyed it a lot more than the first season even though it did have a couple of episodes doing that Walking Dead thing of showing different groups at the same point in time over a couple of episodes.

Agree with AH, Ryder is still a belta.

BBC iPlayer has a show on Bill Shankly which was a canny watch although be warned, a bit thick on scouse love. Anyway, they make a big thing about winning the cup that in 65 as Liverpool hadn't won it before and the place went mental explaining that the cup was THE thing to win then. Couldn't help thinking we'd already won it 6 times by then and haven't won it since whilst Liverpool kicked on. Apparently their board had similarities to our old board and were happy ticking over till the Littlewoods people got on the board and it was them plus Shanks drive which got them moving. KK features on it and the similarities are telling in attitude between the men. Like I say, well worth a watch even for us non-liverpool fans. :good:

• 2 weeks later...

Finished mindhunter .. I’m 50/50 on whether I liked it or not. Wife really enjoyed it... was ok, but would have liked to see them solve more crimes etc.. or interview more nut bags. Got a bit boring sometimes.

Anyone watched that Godless posted above? Trailer looks ok..

6 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

'Witnesses' on BBC four at the minute, a French detective programme about 15 frozen bodies being found on a bus. Just watched the fourth episode. Excellent so far. :good:

It's got that tremendous ginger lass off Spiral on it. I'm in. 

On 02/12/2017 at 8:25 PM, zerosum said:

Finished mindhunter .. I’m 50/50 on whether I liked it or not. Wife really enjoyed it... was ok, but would have liked to see them solve more crimes etc.. or interview more nut bags. Got a bit boring sometimes.

Anyone watched that Godless posted above? Trailer looks ok..

I'm on the last episode of Godless. Think it's one of the best things Netflix has done. Very high production value, Coen brothers like dialogue. Unmissable if you like westerns. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, I finished it yesterday. Wasn't too bad at all. No doubt if the mothers had super powers then the Fish would already have a 50 page thread going on it.

Literally all of the characters annoyed me, the gags were signposted and shit. 

I could flesh the above sentence out for 50 pages if you like?

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I'm on the last episode of Godless. Think it's one of the best things Netflix has done. Very high production value, Coen brothers like dialogue. Unmissable if you like westerns. 

Sounds good, will give it a try.

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

It's got that tremendous ginger lass off Spiral on it. I'm in. 

She's proper bo, I tell thee. Spiral was quality as well. Is it still going? I think I've seen four seasons.