Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Just now, Gemmill said:

Game of Thrones, that is. 

People are genuinely astounded when I tell them but it looks fucking woeful to me. Seen the odd clip, i.e. about 30 seconds long, and it just doesn't appeal at all.

39 minutes ago, Alex said:

Looking forward to Black Mirror. I've just started on Godless, which is looking good so far and I enjoyed The Sinner, even if I would agree with Gemmill that it's a bit far-fetched. Although you wouldn't watch many things if realism was your main criteria in any case.

Too drawn out The Sinner, it wasn't worth the pay off IMO. Could have been resolved in two episodes.

Just now, Anorthernsoul said:

Too drawn out The Sinner, it wasn't worth the pay off IMO. Could have been resolved in two episodes.

Definitely think the 6th and 7th episodes were dragged out a bit. Wouldn't go quite as far as you but about 4 x 50-60 mins ones, aye. Easy watching though and I really liked Bill Pullman in it. The payoff reminded me a bit too much of Vernon God Little

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

People are genuinely astounded when I tell them but it looks fucking woeful to me. Seen the odd clip, i.e. about 30 seconds long, and it just doesn't appeal at all.

I enjoyed the first 3 seasons well enough (watching week to week-ish) but it was really just generic fantasy fare at that point. It's well-written, I suppose but I still don't understand how it's crossed into the mainstream the way it has. People talking about it at work are about half a step removed from talking about their Dungeons and Dragons characters.

@Alex you've got to give GoT a go man. gemmill is the only person in the world who doesn't like it. i hate all that lord of the rings fantasy bollocks but GoT is transcends the genre - different class. 

32 minutes ago, Alex said:

Definitely think the 6th and 7th episodes were dragged out a bit. Wouldn't go quite as far as you but about 4 x 50-60 mins ones, aye. Easy watching though and I really liked Bill Pullman in it. The payoff reminded me a bit too much of Vernon God Little

There are some good performances in it, it just felt like I wanted 240 minutes of my life back at the end.

1 minute ago, Anorthernsoul said:

There are some good performances in it, it just felt like I wanted 240 minutes of my life back at the end.

Ah, I wouldn't say that (from my pov). I felt that way about Tin Star, mind.

On 10/01/2018 at 15:42, Dr Gloom said:

@Alex you've got to give GoT a go man. gemmill is the only person in the world who doesn't like it. i hate all that lord of the rings fantasy bollocks but GoT is transcends the genre - different class. 

I watched 3-4 episodes a few years ago and thought it was pretty average at best, shite at worst. (And I liked LotR's).

On 13/01/2018 at 00:18, Renton said:

Just watched the last BM, called Black museum. Reminiscent of white Christmas and even refers to it. Beyond disturbing. 

I still haven't watched any of the new episodes yet but i will tonight, thanks for the heads up,

Anybody watched Derry girls? It's a bit like Inbetweeners but with girls set in early 90s Derry. I think you need to be over 40 to get half the references like. Not as good as Inbetweeners but worth a watch nonetheless.  

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

@Alex There's 8 episodes of the new Spiral on iPlayer. 

Nice one, got it series link, cheers. I meant to remind you (sorry!). Godless was great btw, good recommendation.