Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

10 hours ago, ewerk said:

Just to echo others on End of the Fucking World. Excellent viewing.

Finished it last night and it's one of the best bits of British TV I’ve seen in a while. Heavily Tarantino influenced but with a dark, British sense of humour. 9/10

45 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Not so bad, thanks ;) been away long enough. Just wish I was still in my early twenties from when I first joined....!

You alright, mate? Nice to see you

1 hour ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Just wish I was still in my early twenties from when I first joined

Feckin' tell me about it. <_<

Welcome back, old man!

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Finished it last night and it's one of the best bits of British TV I’ve seen in a while. Heavily Tarantino influenced but with a dark, British sense of humour. 9/10

Reminded me a lot of Badlands (which would've obviously inspired films like True Romance). Also had more than a hint of Shane Meadows about it, especially his earlier stuff like a Room for Romeo Brass.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

You alright, mate? Nice to see you

Getting there, thanks mate. It’s good to see familiar names like yourself still knocking about.  

last time I was here I think my posts inspired someone that much that she worked to get into parliament....! 

...I’ll stick around though ;) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Getting there, thanks mate. It’s good to see familiar names like yourself still knocking about.  

last time I was here I think my posts inspired someone that much that she worked to get into parliament....! 

...I’ll stick around though ;) 

:D

Watched the first episode of The Alienist last night.  Seems to be a bit like a mix of Mindhunters and Ripper Street.  It stars Daniel Bruhl, Luke Evans and Dakota Fanning.  Was a decent first episode and the second was shown in the states last night.

Watched the first episode of Altered Carbon last night. High budget Netflix sci fi series, apparently the first series cost more than the first 3 GoT series together. It's very Blade Runneresque. I enjoyed it. 

33 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

new levels of bleak in the latest season of black mirror, particularly that one where that bird keeps killing everyone. Brooker has one fucked up mind. Good stuff 

Aye, that was my favourite. Filmed in Iceland which is cinematically amazing. 

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Watched the first episode of Altered Carbon last night. High budget Netflix sci fi series, apparently the first series cost more than the first 3 GoT series together. It's very Blade Runneresque. I enjoyed it. 

The books are fantastic imo - I hope they do them justice. 

5 hours ago, Renton said:

Yeah I'm gonna give this a go. Added benefit that my lass doesn't want to watch it so I can power through on my own schedule. 

The last two episodes of black mirror were superb. For some reason the one with Maxine Peak has the worst rating of any on IMDb. I thought it was excellent. Especially since there was no explanation for what was happening. The last one had obvious similarities to the White Christmas episode in both tone and design and was also brilliant. 

I’d put black mirror up there with inside number 9 as by far the most interesting thing on tv. 

• Like 1