Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

going to bin walking dead after i finish the current season. proper garbage.

switched altered carbon off halfway through first episode. Just stupid.

Watched Unabomber thing. Was ok. Bit slow but watchable. Lead character was dull as dishwater.

McMafia I recorded on sky.. may give that a whirl soon, loads are rating it.

Other than that.. I’m a bit stuck for things to watch. Finished most the things that seemed interesting. Asked mates if there’s any older stuff worth watching, game of thrones, vikings and the wire got mentioned.. don’t fancy the first two and the wire is ancient now.

Waiting for sneaky pete new season .. hope it hurry’s up.

Suggestions welcome on Netflix, Amazon or Now Tv.

Aye I binned TWD the season Negan(?) got involved and I just found him beyond cringeworthy.  It'd been waning for seasons before that anyway.

Bosch and Transparent are decent on Amazon if they're to your tastes.  Probably just give each an episode and see what you think.

Oh, also Catastrophe.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ewerk said:

There’s enough of a background there for a great story. I’d have preferred it to be a TV series though.

Just don’t know how they will get anywhere near the original, I will still definitely watch it though 

9 hours ago, adios said:

Aye I binned TWD the season Negan(?) got involved and I just found him beyond cringeworthy.  It'd been waning for seasons before that anyway.

Bosch and Transparent are decent on Amazon if they're to your tastes.  Probably just give each an episode and see what you think.

Oh, also Catastrophe.

thanks will check them out.. and also save me .. thanks kd

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

All 6 are on catch up

Cheers. Got loads of stuff to watch though and part way through The Man in the High Castle s2 st present. 

There is too much quality TV to keep up with these days. Netflix is about to invest a shitload more in original programming too so will only increase. 

We “cut the cord” recently and ditched sky. Got Now TV so can still watch some of their stuff on demand but so far have barely used it given how much good stuff there is on Netflix and amazon. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

There is too much quality TV to keep up with these days. Netflix is about to invest a shitload more in original programming too so will only increase. 

We “cut the cord” recently and ditched sky. Got Now TV so can still watch some of their stuff on demand but so far have barely used it given how much good stuff there is on Netflix and amazon. 

Also, if you miss a series on Sky Atlantic then you have to upgrade to boxsets or whatever it is. Ended up watch Big, Little Lies via Kodi even though we have Sky Atlantic.

9 minutes ago, adios said:

Does Sky Atlantic have ads?  Absolutely tragic to put ads in some of the quality shows they restream.

Aye. It's one of their channels that every Sky subscriber gets.

it broke records last time it reported quarterly results and raising the subscription fee hasn't slowed the increase in new memberships, as more and more people cut the cord. it's driven in part by the increase in their excellent original productions and by the fact people realise that traditional cable/satellite tv doesn't make financial sense anymore. plus people are a fed up with all the ads. 

finally walking away from sky has been quite liberating. reducing the amount of money i gave to murdoch and realising that half the shit i was paying way over the odds for, i don't even care about that much. i probably spend about 12 a month on now tv now on average instead of the £90 a month we were paying sky for the full subscription. 

I think they make like $10bn+ in revenue (and intend to reinvest ~80% of that in content?).  They just don't have the same considerations as a bricks and mortar operation when it comes to costs.  I'm surprised they are even run to turn a profit when they're battling for global domination with Amazon et al.

Also a lot of their Netflix branded content isn't actually Netflix original programming (for the time being).

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it broke records last time it reported quarterly results and raising the subscription fee hasn't slowed the increase in new memberships, as more and more people cut the cord. it's driven in part by the increase in their excellent original productions and by the fact people realise that traditional cable/satellite tv doesn't make financial sense anymore. plus people are a fed up with all the ads. 

finally walking away from sky has been quite liberating. reducing the amount of money i gave to murdoch and realising that half the shit i was paying way over the odds for, i don't even care about that much. i probably spend about 12 a month on now tv now on average instead of the £90 a month we were paying sky for the full subscription. 

Aye, it's mental isn't it?  We were at around £100 a month with internet thrown in with Virgin when I was in London and we never feckin' used the thing.

Think I pay about a tenner a month to virgin for tv (plus phone and internet) and I think I should drop that too.  The only things I watch on normal channels these days are all on BBC or Channel 4 (or freeview at worst).  I can watch anything I wan't on the firestick and I don't have to suffer Ray Winston's Bet 365 adverts.