Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

6 hours ago, Tooj said:

Just watched the first episode of the Juventus series on Netflix actually, really enjoyed it like.

I thought of you when I saw the advert for that. ;)

I guess it's subtitled BTW? 

On 09/03/2018 at 09:58, Dr Gloom said:

There is too much quality TV to keep up with these days. Netflix is about to invest a shitload more in original programming too so will only increase. 

We “cut the cord” recently and ditched sky. Got Now TV so can still watch some of their stuff on demand but so far have barely used it given how much good stuff there is on Netflix and amazon. 

There's a new "Netflix Original" on there every week now, impossible to keep up unless you're a couch potato with no job and no life.

I've just got up to date with Silicon Valley and have Jessica Jones, Mr Robot and Stranger Things lined up next and have now seen that Sneaky Pete S2 is out. 

Going to need a 2 hour dinner break at this rate. 

19 hours ago, Renton said:

I thought of you when I saw the advert for that. ;)

I guess it's subtitled BTW? 

Aye it is. You need to listen out for how much Buffon sounds like an Italian Sean Connery mind. :lol:

I thought it was fairly average. The chimp talk seemed to be trying to be offensive more than funny. The Twitter stuff was okay. Overall it just didn’t bring the laughs.

i enjoyed it, though the quality was mixed. i like how he aims to offend, particularly enjoyed his stuff at the golden globes, but he maybe struggles to carry it off for a whole hour

I turned it off after 20 mins.  Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance, but he seems to have disappeared completely up his own arse.

I also enjoyed his previous two (or three?) stand-ups and his telly stuff.

He's not remotely like Stewart Lee for me, you can still be a quality comedian and not be one of the best/of a similar style.  He's never been near top-tier.

I only watched the first 20mins too, I meant similar in the style of, well the opposite of self deprecation, whatever that’s called. Although when Gervais blows his own trumpet it’s hard to believe he’s joking