Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

3 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

New season of Westworld has started well.

I was tempted to start watching it but I think I'm going to save up a few episodes first.

31 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Well that's made things much clearer.

Any tits in it?

It's no GoT s1 to s6 on that score either.

I dunno, I really wanted to like it but struggled for some reason. Interested to know what others thought. 

Westworld is very good and paced incredibly well with the mystery revealed in a satisfactory manner. A lot of what it has to say on the concept of free will in a future where humanity will be heavily augmented is a bit basic but nobody really knows how that'll pan out yet so don't let that stop you. Also, the lasses do get their kit off but it's in when their robot exoskeleton is being examined so it looks a bit like Antony Hopkins checking out his new Real Doll. That might work for some of you but it didn't for me.

Don't ask me why and I ask myself the same question but I've continued with Homeland which is now season 7 and to be honest anyone could have written it :lol: The whole show is basically based around Carrie's mental health and it still is near the end of this season. Shit writing really.

13 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Just finished season 7 of Homeland. It got ropey for a few seasons but this one is easily the best yet. Very topical ATM too

Feel inclined to agree, obviously the US had to be painted in a great light though :lol: Hopefully Carrie's mania doesn't feature too prominently in the final season as it's a bit drawn out now. I read Claire Danes will end the show after Season 8. I actually warmed to Saul this series, always thought he was a bit of an old bore.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Same here with Altered Carbon. Absolute drivel by the end. 

I’m four episodes in. Total drivel, but enjoyable so far, despite being complete nonsense.

Just watched the last four episodes of Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams. The first 6 shown before Xmas were decent but felt little a bit like a poor man's Black Mirror but I thought these were a better. The first one (Episode 7 The Father Thing) was probably the weakest of the 4 but still good. The rest were excellent. Highly recommended if you like that dystopian Sci-Fi type of thing. Pretty relevant to the current shitshow we're living through

I didn't bother with the second lot after the first six were so disappointing.  I might check them out now though.

I watched the first two episodes of Evil Genius last night.  It's a Netflix documentary about the Pizza Bomber Heist (which completely bypassed me when it happened but apparently was big news).  Really good so far.

10 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I didn't bother with the second lot after the first six were so disappointing.  I might check them out now though.

I watched the first two episodes of Evil Genius last night.  It's a Netflix documentary about the Pizza Bomber Heist (which completely bypassed me when it happened but apparently was big news).  Really good so far.

Don't be put off by The Father Thing. It's pretty much an Invasion of the Body Snatchers type of thing which reflects that it was an early PKD short story written in the 50s. The other 3 are a bit cleverer than that

11 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Same here. First two watched on Evil Genius and its mental.