Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

On 04/11/2018 at 11:23, Tom said:

Off to watch Peter Jackson's WW1 film this evening. It's amazing what they've been able to do with the footage given. 

This was absolutely class, so much so the cinema applauded it at the end. 

I felt like it shed A whole new light on certain issues, one the right wing loons should perhaps look into.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Been trying to get to it for a week or so but times are shite for me. 

Yeh it's hard to find a screening. I had to drive from Durham to Hexham to watch it :lol:

On 05/11/2018 at 17:49, Tom said:

This was absolutely class, so much so the cinema applauded it at the end. 

I felt like it shed A whole new light on certain issues, one the right wing loons should perhaps look into.

Just watched it on the telly. Brilliant. Should be compulsory viewing. Anyone not horrified should have "wrong un" tattooed on their forehead. 

8 hours ago, Renton said:

Just watched it on the telly. Brilliant. Should be compulsory viewing. Anyone not horrified should have "wrong un" tattooed on their forehead. 

If anyone missed it, it’s on BBC iPlayer for a week only. 

I actually thought that they didn't focus too much on the horror of battle or the futility of it. Obviously that sort of footage was much harder to come by.

I did think it the scenes of the British and German soldiers together at the end were amazing. Like two sides just finished a friendly football match, no real hatred against their enemies, all pawns in someone else's chess game.

I've heard people going on about fighting for freedom and what would have happened if Germany had "won". Considering the vague reasons for the war in the first place I think if there had been an agreed ceasefire at any point without a winner as many wars have finished I think the world would actually be a better place. I don't think the Nazis would have arisen but for the punitive reparations imposed in "defeat".

• Like 1