Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

10 hours ago, ewerk said:

I actually thought that they didn't focus too much on the horror of battle or the futility of it. Obviously that sort of footage was much harder to come by.

I did think it the scenes of the British and German soldiers together at the end were amazing. Like two sides just finished a friendly football match, no real hatred against their enemies, all pawns in someone else's chess game.

Yeh it was interesting what the soldiers were saying about the germans too. That they were decent chaps and we probably should have been fighting the French and the Russians instead. 

It doesn't really seem WWI had a 'bad guy' just a bad system that lead to it happening. I found it particularly interesting at the end when the soldiers said they were left feeling flat when it ended. 

Some of the horror was fairly candid, even if it was left to the imagination. A squadron in kilts, going over the top to march slowly towards German machine guns....

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Just finished that Lockerbie Unheard voices.  Mad how that happened tbh

A lad I know was in Weardale Mountain Rescue when it happened. 

They helped find and recover debris and body parts from within Kielder Forest. 

Gruesome. 

Started watching that Fred programme on Netflix about Freddy Foreman.

Boring.

Some old has been cunt with an ill fitting suit thinking he's still part of the mob.  Goes into a pub and see's a bunch of like wise pissed stained old hangers on.  *yawn*

7 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Started watching that Fred programme on Netflix about Freddy Foreman.

Boring.

Some old has been cunt with an ill fitting suit thinking he's still part of the mob.  Goes into a pub and see's a bunch of like wise pissed stained old hangers on.  *yawn*

Steve Wraith worming his way in there aswell :lol: The fame hungry goon.

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

@PaddockLad The Paul Heaton documentary on C4 the other night is worth a watch if you missed it. I'm sure it's you that's mentioned going to see him on here in the past.

Cheers squire :good:

I think the current Mrs PL had it on her TiVo planner type wotsit.....he’s playing the home of Stockport County Edgely Park this summer around her birthday...am envisaging 20k elederly football hooligans & spouses drinking Strongbow for 12 hours in the Manchester drizzle :)

• 2 weeks later...

doesn’t seem like much decent new stuff on netflix or anywhere lately. Watched Narcos Mexico, was ok. But browsed through and other things seemed a bit samey- unless any recommendations?

Busy watching new Ray Donovan, again ok , losing its way slightly from early seasons.

Watched Micky Flanagan live on nowtv tonight. Forgot how funny he was. Seen him at city hall years back, but thought he’d went soft lately with all those poncy cycling in france things. He rescued himself ha.

Edited by zerosum