Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

13 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If you can find Nat Geo channel (129 on sky), it’s on again tonight at 9pm. 

Needs more tits, though :D

Just finished it. Why it was no Striding Edge on a damp day was it? 

Seriously though, I felt physically sick and even developed jelly legs by proxy at the boulder problem! :D

Forget your footballers, tennis players, track and fielders etc. The achievements of elite climbers never fails to amaze me. 

• Like 1

On 05/03/2019 at 08:54, Renton said:

Cheers, will give the Netflix ones a watch. 

On a slightly tangential note, I hear Tom Ballard is missing feared dead on Nanga Parbat, near K2. The significance of this is his mum was Alison Hargreaves. 

I was just reading about Tom Ballard, having been aware of his mother. I know Everest captures the imagination because it’s the highest but when you read about K2 and what it takes to conquer it, it actually amazes me that anyone summits and gets back down even relatively unscathed. Also, it’s pretty unusual for anyone to be attempting in February (when he went missing). It’s almost exclusively attempted in July/August. 

watched the Dawn Wall last night, unreal back story to Tommy Caldwell. Not sure how i missed the Kyrgyzstan story when it happened, but holy shit!

first thing my wife says when he's getting a celebratory hug from his wife....I bet he stinks :icon_lol:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Just finished Three identical strangers on amazon. Gripping doc. Starts off like a Hollywood movie then takes a dark turn. Good stuff 

Incredible isn't it?

Watched Behind the Curve last night. Good lord these people are hilariously deluded. Made me immediately think of Wolfy, naturally. I think I took the wrong tac with him. Instead of challenging his weird beliefs, I should have asked more about why he was looking for alternatives to the consensus.

Distilled, about climber/mountaineer Andy Cave is on Amazon Prime. It’s only about 40 mins long and is primarily about Ice climbing in Scotland. Worth a watch for those interested in that sort of thing 

Watched the new Louis thing last night and agree with Fish that the main character in it was a wrongun.

It’s terrible that so many men get away with abusing women but but rape cases are so difficult to prove it's hard to know what the solution is. 

6 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Watched the new Louis thing last night and agree with Fish that the main character in it was a wrongun.

It’s terrible that so many men get away with abusing women but but rape cases are so difficult to prove it's hard to know what the solution is. 

pretty sure not raping would clear it up.

btw what Louis thing?

Edited by tooner

13 minutes ago, tooner said:

pretty sure not raping would clear it up.

btw what Louis thing?

that was poorly worded. i meant i don't know how we go about ensuring more criminals are prosecuted.

the louis film was about the title 9 amendment in the states, which was designed to protect students from sexual abuse on campus. it looks like trump is overturning the legislation. the problem with rape cases generally is they are so difficult to prove and so many rapists walk free. i don't know what the solution to that is. yeah, rape less would be a start, but how do you prove something beyond reasonable doubt when all the evidence you have is two people's versions of events? 

Never mix me up with Quiff again. 

Trying to watch this Murder Mountain thing on Netflix. Fucking bizarre state of affairs where the now law abiding marijuana farmers are at the brink of bankruptcy because the legalisation comes with so many taxes, fees and licenses that they can hardly keep their heads above water. The ones benefiting are the violent criminals and surely it'll be big pharma/tobacco.

Leazesmag and Fop in starring roles. Supporting actors featuring Kevin S Asillikunt, Wolfy, Stevie, Paul Wynn and that weird polish Nick character 

• Haha 1