Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Dr. Professor Cox, then, since he’s both. 

:razz:

One surpasses the other. He was Mr once. Do you want to call him Mr Dr Professor Cox? 

Something tells me those nights on the rig are going to be long. :D

years and years. interesting concept and am enjoying it so far - a light hearted take on black mirror.

i'm going to sound a bit daily mail now,  but the bbc is becoming tediously predictable in the casting in all of its new shows. it's like they have a quota of minorities to tick off. mixed race marriage? check. disabled character? check. gay marriage? check etc etc 

• Like 1

I didn’t know this, but if you log into netflix with a US vpn you get 5000+ choices rather than the UK 3000. 

I just logged in with a free vpn, lots more stuff but wouldn’t let me stream because it detected the proxy/vpn. Anyone tried this and know a vpn that works? There’s a series called Rectify I wanted to watch.

It used to work fine but Netflix got wise to it and try their best to block it. I use IPVanish and every now and again it works and I can stream US content, but then other times you get the message saying you're using a VPN. There's no rhyme or reason to when it works vs when it doesn't. 

This isn't much help, sorry. Rectify is decent though. Slow going but good. 

As I only really watch new TV during my lunch hour at work, I ve never bothered getting Netflix but still just use the pirate bay to torrent via a vpn and that does me fine. 

Bit old fashioned but still works. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJS said:

As I only really watch new TV during my lunch hour at work, I ve never bothered getting Netflix but still just use the pirate bay to torrent via a vpn and that does me fine. 

Bit old fashioned but still works. 

Did this for Chernobyl today and got the season downloaded in 5 minutes or so. It's old fashioned but it works. Bit like the classic locomotive engine.

Finally finished Fleabag. I thought the first series was decent in an amusing way but the second series went up a few gears going more into the emotinal side of the character. Very glad I went with it.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2019 at 22:30, Renton said:

Years and years. What an utterly shit ending. Could have been so much better but completely ran out of ideas. 

The current Mrs PL liked it very much including the last episode. Am mostly with her but I think I know what you mean. Some are calling it "Black Mirror lite" but I've not seen that and we've cancelled Netflix in favour of prime. I obviously didn't get the email about that meeting :glare:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Derry Girls is another iron-clad, solid recommendation from yours truly

About 2 years late.

Btw, it's alright to fancy them. They're in their 30s in RL. :whistle: