Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

They’re another one. It really doesn’t. I had another go recently and it was a bit meh.

Was anyone ever into Cud? They were a strange band. I was surprised to find their stuff on Spotify. Obscure but listenable. Same goes for kingmaker 

Liked both of them and Kingmaker especially saw them in Edinburgh supported by Sensitise & Mega City 4. Saw Silverfish & Daisy Chainsaw, and the Senseless Things all around then. They all had one semi decent song which I convinced myself was the greatest thing since the Beatles when in reality they were over hyped NME scene wankers tbh ...Kingmaker were very good though iyam, as you say they popped up on Spotify and they still sound good.

@sammynb  is going to come on in s few hours and piss himself at this thread :lol:

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Liked both of them and Kingmaker especially saw them in Edinburgh supported by Sensitise & Mega City 4. Saw Silverfish & Daisy Chainsaw, and the Senseless Things all around then. They all had one semi decent song which I convinced myself was the greatest thing since the Beatles when in reality they were over hyped NME scene wankers tbh ...Kingmaker were very good though iyam, as you say they popped up on Spotify and they still sound good.

@sammynb  is going to come on in s few hours and piss himself at this thread :lol:

Saw kingmaker at the riverside. Or maybe it was the Mayfair. Can’t remember. Snuck in with my older brother, I must have only been 12 or 13. Lead singer “Loz” signed my brand new kingmaker T-shirt - tragic :lol:

Carter USM at Gateshead leisure centre was my first ever gig. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

27 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

They’re another one. It really doesn’t. I had another go recently and it was a bit meh.

Was anyone ever into Cud? They were a strange band. I was surprised to find their stuff on Spotify. Obscure but listenable. Same goes for kingmaker 

Aye I went to see both Cud and Kingmaker. 

3 minutes ago, strawb said:

You have all just aged yourselves, you old cunts

I don’t think the average age on here is much below 40. We’ve been bickering and taking the piss out of each other on one iteration of this forum or another for the best part of 20 years.

9 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don’t think the average age on here is much below 40. We’ve been bickering and taking the piss out of each other on one iteration of this forum or another for the best part of 20 years.

Aye I’m only messing, I’m 35 in a few days anyway

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

@Monkeys Fistyou seen last breathe on Netflix?

Watched it on a flight last night and felt like I was going to pass out :lol: 

I’ve not - added it to my list. 

Trolley Dolly -“ Can I help you sir?”

Bloke -“ That bloke over there hasn’t taken a breath in 5 minutes and now his eyes are bleeding… can I have his free drink if he dies?”

• Haha 1

Watched “ World on Fire” last night, which has potential. 

Sean Bean plays a pacifist, shell shocked from WWI, just as WWII is kicking off- since it’s him, Mrs. Fist and I are wondering how, and how fast, he’ll be killed off. :D

11 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve not - added it to my list. 

Trolley Dolly -“ Can I help you sir?”

Bloke -“ That bloke over there hasn’t taken a breath in 5 minutes and now his eyes are bleeding… can I have his free drink if he dies?”

:lol:

Its emotional man

On 25 September 2019 at 06:38, PaddockLad said:

Haven't logged in for a while so late to this conversation, but WTF?!??

On 25 September 2019 at 06:50, Gemmill said:

Aye I went to see both Cud and Kingmaker. 

And here the conversation ends, I don't remember either of them supporting Take That.

On 5 October 2019 at 00:21, Kid Dynamite said:

Mr Inbetween

Very good Australian show about a bloke who is a Dad to an 8 year old, but a gangland enforcer in his free time.

The straight edge soldier is correct Mr In-Between is great and the 2nd season has just been released.

Watched the new season of Topboy Netflix have come out with. Thought it was canny after (imo) a slightly shaky season 2 from the original show. 

Peaky Blinders is okay, massively overrated though. It does contain one of the most annoying characters of any show I’ve watched, I just can’t stand that Polly character. The Arthur character is a whopper in all. Besides them two and the Brummy accent it’s a decent enough watch imo. 

Edited by Howay

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Apparently the dude in it created the character as a film for his uni project 20 years ago. He never acted again until it was made into a TV series oiit if the blue last year. 

Yeah that's not quite right. He wrote and acted as the same or a similar character for his feature film The Magician in 2005 and he's been working in the industry since then.

Also if you have a good look at the credits Nash Edgerton is Joel's brother and the show is made by Blue Tongue Films which is owned by the Edgertons and a bunch of others who have been kicking about the short film circuit in Australia for the last 20 years.

10 hours ago, Howay said:

Watched the new season of Topboy Netflix have come out with. Thought it was canny after (imo) a slightly shaky season 2 from the original show. 

Peaky Blinders is okay, massively overrated though. It does contain one of the most annoying characters of any show I’ve watched, I just can’t stand that Polly character. The Arthur character is a whopper in all. Besides them two and the Brummy accent it’s a decent enough watch imo. 

I think Arthur is in there as a foil for Tommy's shrewdness. A lot more should be made of the Michael character, young, intelligent and ambitious. The future of the family really.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sammynb said:

Yeah that's not quite right. He wrote and acted as the same or a similar character for his feature film The Magician in 2005 and he's been working in the industry since then.

Also if you have a good look at the credits Nash Edgerton is Joel's brother and the show is made by Blue Tongue Films which is owned by the Edgertons and a bunch of others who have been kicking about the short film circuit in Australia for the last 20 years.

The magician was his uni project 

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/it-s-a-hit-man-but-scott-ryan-is-still-in-that-funny-in-between-state-20180920-p50513.html

And he hasn't acted again until this

https://www.imdb.com/filmosearch?role=nm1938432&job_type=actor

10 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I think Arthur is in there as a foil for Tommy's shrewdness. A lot more should be made of the Michael character, young, intelligent and ambitious. The future of the family really.

What does that remind you of?

5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Never said he was acting but so what, it's not as if he's been selling double glazing since then and it's a miracle he's now suddenly acting.

He's been "developing" the program for 15 years and then spent a few years doing other jobs because it didn't pan out. It's a very small industry in Australia you have to do shit like that occasionally.

I was making music clips for mid size indie bands and short films for festivals when I was at Uni, that's how the industry works.

As I said look at the people involved (a Hollywood actor and his family), it's not a "come good" story.

Something you want to gloss over is:

in 2005 a version of the film – polished with around $450,000 in post-production finance – played the festival circuit and won critical raves.

No uni film gets that much in post-production finance.

It's a decent show but fuck you're making something out of nothing, it's not like he's the only actor that had to wait untl their forties to make it.

Samuel L Jackson, Alan Rickman, Larry David plus a host of others.

Just enjoy it for what it is, not Scott Ryan's "backstory."