Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

16 hours ago, sammynb said:

Never said he was acting but so what, it's not as if he's been selling double glazing since then and it's a miracle he's now suddenly acting..

Have you read the link? He literally says he was delivering pizzas and driving taxis for a living until 2 years ago when the show was comissioned

Its not worth falling out over, but that's verbatim from the bloke himself

19 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol: let me know when one of you needs me to fake hold you back to avoid this turning nasty. 

Nothing to worry about there Scotty.

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Have you read the link? He literally says he was delivering pizzas and driving taxis for a living until 2 years ago when the show was comissioned

Jonathon I know nothing about the NHS, I can probably quote some articles that make me look like I have a story but unlike you I've never worked as part of it and it would be boring of me to argue the toss based on those articles.

'Look mate, you're 40 years of age, you're not making any money, you've given it a good crack but it's time to become an adult and get a normal job'."

So he found work delivering pizzas, got his taxi licence and moved to Echuca. It wasn't the life he had imagined for himself, but he was getting by, more or less.

"And then one day about two years ago [director and producer] Nash Edgerton called me up and said, 'FX wants to make the show'."

He's now 48, series one was made when he was 46, two years before that he was contacted by Nash that makes him 44. So the poor cunt spent 4 years delivering pizzas and driving a cab in Echuca, which is a small town with about 30000 people, that's a life quite a few people would be happy with. 

Good luck to the guy he's made a cracking show but as I said he's been working in the industry for a while and has a lot of backing by people with major connections.

• 2 weeks later...

I've started trying to watch Peaky Blinders again. I remember why I stopped last time - it's like a competition for who can do the worst accent ffs. Unreal that they just shrugged and went with these actors. 

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I've started trying to watch Peaky Blinders again. I remember why I stopped last time - it's like a competition for who can do the worst accent ffs. Unreal that they just shrugged and went with these actors. 

It’s overrated imo. I’ve watched a few series but I find it difficult to give a shit about any of the characters. 

12 hours ago, NJS said:

Been on holiday for a fortnight and started watching Lucifer which is canny. The crime bits are a bit simplistic but the other side to the story is quite inventive. 

Loosely based on a Neil Gaiman comic character.

• 2 weeks later...

The America's by Simon Reeve has been brilliant.

I can see the reflection in our own country in some of it though which is depressing.  Simon Reeve says with a shock how infrastructure isn't a high priority for the government in the US.  It's the same over here so not sure why he's shocked.

• Like 1

I really like his programmes- he’s one of the most honest documentary makers.The last one there about Mexico was superb.  His shows aren’t about him, unlike Theroux, for example. 

When the heavies stopped them filming, he didn’t try to sensationalise it, it was simply “time to GTFO”.