Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Aye it's good. Witherspoon is mint.

I watched the Netflix doc Knock Down The House about AOC's efforts to win her seat in Congress. It's not just about her, there's a few others. Anyway my lass doesn't give a single shit about politics, especially not US politics, and was just in the room while it was on to start off with. By the end she was fully into it. Definitely worth a watch. 

I'll Be Gone In The Dark is two episodes in (out of 6) on HBO so far. It's a doc about the Golden State Killer and Michelle Macnamara's (a crime blogger and comedian Patton Oswalt's wife) obsession with him and with solving the case. First two have been great. If you don't know the story, she dies before she finishes writing her book, and then obviously the Golden State Killer has since been identified. 

Outcry which is just getting started on Showtime looks like it will be good too. 

On 09/07/2020 at 05:19, Gemmill said:

Aye it's good. Witherspoon is mint.

I watched the Netflix doc Knock Down The House about AOC's efforts to win her seat in Congress. It's not just about her, there's a few others. Anyway my lass doesn't give a single shit about politics, especially not US politics, and was just in the room while it was on to start off with. By the end she was fully into it. Definitely worth a watch. 

I'll Be Gone In The Dark is two episodes in (out of 6) on HBO so far. It's a doc about the Golden State Killer and Michelle Macnamara's (a crime blogger and comedian Patton Oswalt's wife) obsession with him and with solving the case. First two have been great. If you don't know the story, she dies before she finishes writing her book, and then obviously the Golden State Killer has since been identified. 

Outcry which is just getting started on Showtime looks like it will be good too. 

She started her own production company because she was sick of the dearth of quality shows with interesting female characters and fed up with being typecast. Fair play, this and big little lies were both brilliant. 

31 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The Hillary Clinton documentary that's just been released is very good. She is a wildly impressive person when you sit through her background. 

Watch the Clinton Chronicles and then see what your opinion of her is.

2 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Watch the Clinton Chronicles and then see what your opinion of her is.

Don’t think I’ll bother, cheers Wolfy II

Jerry Falwell had a large part in its production, so it’s not exactly “balanced” :lol:

“The video was characterized by The Washington Post as a "bizarre and unsubstantiated documentary."[2] The New York Times reported that it was a poorly documented "hodgepodge of sometimes-crazed charges."[3] The producers were criticized after it came to light that a number of the people in the documentary had been paid to appear. The director admitted the payments but denied he had instructed any paid participants to say anything that was false.[1]

The movie helped perpetuate a conspiracy theory known as the "Clinton Body Count" about a list of associates Clinton was purported to have had killed. The Los Angeles Timesreported that Larry Nichols, who appears throughout the film and is the primary source for a number of the murder and mysterious death claims, was fired from his Arkansas state government job and once admitted to an Associated Press reporter to being motivated by spite.[4] The fact checking site TruthOrFiction.com states that "There is no credible evidence that any of the deaths is related or can be attributed to Bill Clinton".[5]

To promote the film, Falwell aired an interview with Matrisciana, who was silhouetted to conceal his identity as he pretended to be a journalist who was afraid for his life.[1]Matrisciana later acknowledged that he was not in any danger, but that the interview was staged for dramatic effect at Falwell's suggestion.[1]”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clinton_Chronicles

• Like 2

Clinton had a very interesting biography and she was from a massively humble background compared with other presidential candidates. But people seem to prefer old, white, male, silver spooned arseholes for some reason. 

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone’s all binged up and has nothing left to go at, The Americans (free on prime) is quite good.

5 or 6 seasons to go at and it’s a sort of cross between homeland and breaking bad.

I won’t say much more so I don’t give the game away but it’s definitely very watchable.

IMDB: 8.4 / 10

24 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

If anyone’s all binged up and has nothing left to go at, The Americans (free on prime) is quite good.

5 or 6 seasons to go at and it’s a sort of cross between homeland and breaking bad.

I won’t say much more so I don’t give the game away but it’s definitely very watchable.

IMDB: 8.4 / 10

Where’s it set? 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ant said:

Tbf the Americans was good its also nothing like a cross between breaking bad and homeland 😂

It's about russian agents living as an American family and reporting back to "the center"  during the cold war

Where it reminds me about breaking bad is hank / Stan. In BB the brother in law was DEA and in this, the neighbour is FBI.

Regardless, it’s a good watch.

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Where it reminds me about breaking bad is hank / Stan. In BB the brother in law was DEA and in this, the neighbour is FBI.

Regardless, it’s a good watch.

:lol: 

The Speed Cubers on Netflix.

Never knew there was such a thing as this, the World is a strange place. :blink: Its about the Rubiks cubes world championships, and the relationship between the outgoing champion with the new champion. Apparently in this sport you lose your prowess around puberty. I've never managed to complete one 3x3 cube in 35 years!

Oddly charming mind, this is where geeks go when they die. 

Edited by Renton

I remember seeing a kid on swapshop or Saturday super store doing one in about 30 seconds. I also remember having to pull the stickers off to do mine 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Alex said:

I remember seeing a kid on swapshop or Saturday super store doing one in about 30 seconds. I also remember having to pull the stickers off to do mine 

6 seconds is standard nowadays!