Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

I’m not normally one for conspiracy theories, but there's a brilliant documentary on BBC2 about Covid. Two Chinese scientists from the Wuhan research centre, where Trump suspects it was engineered, were due to get on Malaysian flight MH370. It is thought that they were involved in the development of the virus, and were intending to disperse it around in the USA. The intelligence services discovered their plans and deliberately downed the plane. But sadly neither of them actually got on the flight though. It’s really interesting. Have a look for it on iplayer. It’s called two wongs don't make a flight.

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I’m not normally one for conspiracy theories, but there's a brilliant documentary on BBC2 about Covid. Two Chinese scientists from the Wuhan research centre, where Trump suspects it was engineered, were due to get on Malaysian flight MH370. It is thought that they were involved in the development of the virus, and were intending to disperse it around in the USA. The intelligence services discovered their plans and deliberately downed the plane. But sadly neither of them actually got on the flight though. It’s really interesting. Have a look for it on iplayer. It’s called two wongs don't make a flight.

Aye lets kill loads of innocents instead of waiting and taxiing the plane to a remote part of the airport, grabbing it when it lands, lifting the suspects, suitably bio-hazard suited up etc, and quarantining aforementioned innocents. But no, we'll give up on the political capital of foiling such a plot and commit mass murder instead. Makes Perfect sense.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Aye lets kill loads of innocents instead of waiting and taxiing the plane to a remote part of the airport, grabbing it when it lands, lifting the suspects, suitably bio-hazard suited up etc, and quarantining aforementioned innocents. But no, we'll give up on the political capital of foiling such a plot and commit mass murder instead. Makes Perfect sense.

Errrr.....

• Haha 2

Just now, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Errrr.....

Yeah I know they didn't get on, but for plane to have been shot down "intelligence" must have thought they did. Whole thing is preposterous.

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

31 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Yeah I know they didn't get on, but for plane to have been shot down "intelligence" must have thought they did. Whole thing is preposterous.

It's definitely preposterous. :good:

• Haha 2

On 28/10/2020 at 09:31, Toonpack said:

I don't think intelligence had any part in this at all 🤣

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Somebody Feed Phil is back. Will the fucking idiots of Toontastic finally wake up to this sleeper classic?!

A bloke called Rosenthal eats his way around the world, with comedy japery. 

We’ve had that here since 2008. 

With added cherry tomatoes. 😉

• Haha 2

As an aside, went to that Everyman Cinema in town yesterday to see Hocus Pocus (wor lass loves it, don't start) and let me tell you, that was a very comfortable way to fall asleep in a dark room watching a film. Canny chebs on Sarah Jessica Parker and Bette Middler goes full pelt though, fair play to them both. **1/2 from what I saw in between pouring Moretti and napping.

• Haha 1

On 31/10/2020 at 05:31, Gemmill said:

Somebody Feed Phil is back. Will the fucking idiots of Toontastic finally wake up to this sleeper classic?!

i watched the first episode the other day on your recommendation. couldn't get more than half way in. it was his creepy, staring eyes that put me off. also, i'm going to presume it gets better as it progresses? 

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i watched the first episode the other day on your recommendation. couldn't get more than half way in. it was his creepy, staring eyes that put me off. also, i'm going to presume it gets better as it progresses? 

Oh dear, anti semitism is alive and well on Toontastic. 

• Haha 2