Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

19 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Oh dear, anti semitism is alive and well on Toontastic. 

I think we need to have a three strikes policy on this thread. With The Mindy Project and now this, you’re one quirky US comedy recommendation away from being banned from this particular thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Oh dear, anti semitism is alive and well on Toontastic. 

am i  being overly harsh then? i wanted to give it a chance as i tend to enjoy foodie shows but i found the bloke jarring as fuck 

On 31/10/2020 at 12:29, Monkeys Fist said:

A bloke called Rosenthal eats his way around the world, with comedy japery. 

We’ve had that here since 2008. 

With added cherry tomatoes. 😉

Fuck's sake :lol:

• Haha 2

On 27/10/2020 at 20:29, Howmanheyman said:

I’m not normally one for conspiracy theories, but there's a brilliant documentary on BBC2 about Covid. Two Chinese scientists from the Wuhan research centre, where Trump suspects it was engineered, were due to get on Malaysian flight MH370. It is thought that they were involved in the development of the virus, and were intending to disperse it around in the USA. The intelligence services discovered their plans and deliberately downed the plane. But sadly neither of them actually got on the flight though. It’s really interesting. Have a look for it on iplayer. It’s called two wongs don't make a flight.

There are also rumours that Covid was made at Fort Detrick airbase in the U.S where they make their biological weapons. Then taken to China to be used. 

On 04/11/2020 at 04:43, Dr Gloom said:

am i  being overly harsh then? i wanted to give it a chance as i tend to enjoy foodie shows but i found the bloke jarring as fuck 

I lasted a little longer, ended up not paying full attention to it. Was expecting a lot more.

29 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

As far as things I’ve been made to watch by lasses, Schitt’s Creek is actually canny.

Aye, it’s quite funny 

7 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Moved to rewatching Santa Clarita Diet. Olyphant is funny as fuck

Aye, that was decent too. Think it got canned though 

That ‘Eat Well For Less’ btw. Basically middle class families spending about £5k a year more than they need to because they’re too fucking lazy to cook and too shallow not to buy the most expensive brands. Read the room ffs 

• Like 1

On 05/11/2020 at 22:13, Gemmill said:

:lol:

I mean it's a travel show where a bloke eats nice dinners. Were you expecting better character development for the main courses? 

Considering how much you've banged on about it I was expecting something a little more engaging.

• 4 weeks later...

It doesn't have much in the way of guy eating food in foreign locations but if you can move beyond that The Queen's Gambit is a canny good watch on Netflix.

17 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Looks mint, tbf. :lol:

:lol: I can’t believe it’s real to be honest. It’s like something Partridge would’ve come up with when he was desperately trying to get a second series