Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

43 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

29E9E59C9A9F38E4E5E8E8E8A8F0E6F52FD4571A

Giddup. 

You’d love it :lol:

Watching it made me almost regret not pursuing a career in investment banking. 

Until I spoke to a mate who works in the industry who popped the bubble, confirming the only real thing in the show is the obnoxious way colleagues speak to each other. The excessive shagging and open drug-use is massively overblown. Makes for great telly though 

26 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

You’d love it :lol:

Watching it made me almost regret not pursuing a career in investment banking. 

Until I spoke to a mate who works in the industry who popped the bubble, confirming the only real thing in the show is the obnoxious way colleagues speak to each other. The excessive shagging and open drug-use is massively overblown. Makes for great telly though 

I can’t bring myself to watch it. However, if it’s full of irredeemable cunts then they at least got that bit right.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

I can’t bring myself to watch it. However, if it’s full of irredeemable cunts then they at least got that bit right.

That’s the beauty of it. It’s like succession - a glimpse into a another  world where the people are mostly awful. It’s compelling viewing. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

On 22/01/2021 at 22:22, Renton said:

It's a sin. Looks promising but probably a bit depressing at this time. Russell Davies has done some good stuff, Queer as folk was excellent. Just checked, I can't believe that was over 20 years ago, Jesus. 

Hoy, benders! Get this watched. Best thing on British TV for a long while. 

On 26/01/2021 at 11:38, Dr Gloom said:

Bit late to the party but I just started Back with Mitchell & Webb which is pretty funny 

Just finished this and it’s quality as you’d expect from the writer and stars.

On to Lupin on Netflix now. V promising start 

56 minutes ago, Renton said:

Hoy, benders! Get this watched. Best thing on British TV for a long while. 

I was going to give it a go but really can't be fucked with a show where every single character has a lisp.

• Haha 1

i tried it on your recommendation but couldn't stand more than an episode. i felt the same way about schitt's creek though, which loads of people seem to like, so i could well be in the minority. 

i've been watching lupin, on netflix which is really good fun - like a french thomas crown affair.

da 5 bloods on netflix also worth a watch

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i tried it on your recommendation but couldn't stand more than an episode. i felt the same way about schitt's creek though, which loads of people seem to like, so i could well be in the minority. 

i've been watching lupin, on netflix which is really good fun - like a french thomas crown affair.

da 5 bloods on netflix also worth a watch

I didn't even get 1st episode finished, Brazil I think - ooooh isn't that a great view, ooooh isn't that view even better, This is a local delicacy ooooh that tastes great, this is another local delicacy ooooh that tastes even greater etc etc 

I did like Schitt's Creek mind, got better as it went along, first couple of episodes pretty meh though.

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

I mean it's a food based travel show, were you expecting him to get a game for Sao Paulo or something? 

It's a nothing based nothing show pretending to be about food and travel. (and he's annoying as fuck)

You'd expect a little bit more about the food rather than ooooh it's great, rinse and repeat, whilst he's sat with a pair of local chicks.

Sopranos. Again. Gearing up for The Many Saints of Newark . You can take your Wire, Breaking Bad, absolutely anything decent you want to mention that came after it and you can see it’s root, right there in New Jersey. None of them can hold a candle to it though :cuppa:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Sopranos. Again. Gearing up for The Many Saints of Newark . You can take your Wire, Breaking Bad, absolutely anything decent you want to mention that came after it and you can see it’s root, right there in New Jersey. None of them can hold a candle to it though :cuppa:

If you haven't already, follow the Sopranos back to its roots in Oz (and to a lesser extent maybe even Northern Exposure)