Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Bad Sport on Netflix is good. I've only watched the first episode, which is about a match fixing incident in US college basketball from the 90s. Really well put together though, worth a watch. 

Edited by Gemmill

Squid game is well worth watching. Cained it in a week with just the final episode to go this evening. Everything about it is well done: cinematography, set design, costume design, a dystopian storyline right up my street. Loved it 

22 minutes ago, Ant said:

Watched it earlier, the state of him trying to get that last ditch 3pointer in the last second  to bring the score back down to under 6 but still lose 😂

:lol:

"Lads man, I'm just focused on our basket difference."

On 11/10/2021 at 10:36, strawb said:

Started Ridley road last night on bbc, might be decent or the worst thing I’ve ever watched. Will report back 

Saw the first episode. The way they tried to weave in stock library footage of post war London in with the actual drama was really jarring to me. Cheap production budget, not good enough nowadays. 

On 03/10/2021 at 10:28, spongebob toonpants said:

I've watched, liked it a lot. I'll not spoiler it but interested to know what you think of the end

Just watched the last episode. End was okay I thought, but probably the worst episode in the series. Not GoT or Lost bad mind, just no real twist and obviously setting itself up for series 2, which undoubtedly will be shit. Still the best show this year though imo. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Renton said:

Saw the first episode. The way they tried to weave in stock library footage of post war London in with the actual drama was really jarring to me. Cheap production budget, not good enough nowadays. 

Agreed, it was filmed in Manchester though so it’s fun to spot places I know. The hairdressers she works in is a cafe in real life next to a very decent pub. 

Its shite though

• 3 weeks later...

Robbie Savage: Making Macclesfield FC on iplayer. 

I quite enjoyed this. Just an hour long, follows the story from when Macclesfield Town went bust last year and a local businessman spotted it on RightMove and bought it. 

He gets Savage in as DoF. The bit where Savage is introducing the office staff to the cameras is 100% David Brent. 

Anybody watched Maid on Netflix? Just finished it, absolutely brilliant television. Andi McDowell and her daughter, the protagonist, present in every scene I think, also obviously her real life daughter, the semblance is striking. Netflix has had some good stuff recently, going to watch Narcos Mexico 3 next. Oh and I notice the entirety of Seinfeld has appeared. I miss @Happy Face.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 10:28, Gemmill said:

The Juventus episode of Bad Sport is good. What an unrepentant penis Moggi is. 

That was a good watch. I didn’t actually realise until I watched it that, apart from being banned from direct involvement with game, Moggi got away with it pretty much Scot free. In fact the only people who really suffered were the officials who weren’t bent. Ridiculous given what a huge scandal it was and the body of evidence 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

That was a good watch. I didn’t actually realise until I watched it that, apart from being banned from direct involvement with game, Moggi got away with it pretty much Scot free. In fact the only people who really suffered were the officials who weren’t bent. Ridiculous given what a huge scandal it was and the body of evidence 

Aye, the actual resolution of it was a complete stitch up. Moggi was a right arsehole. 

15 hours ago, Renton said:

Anybody watched Maid on Netflix? Just finished it, absolutely brilliant television. Andi McDowell and her daughter, the protagonist, present in every scene I think, also obviously her real life daughter, the semblance is striking. Netflix has had some good stuff recently, going to watch Narcos Mexico 3 next. Oh and I notice the entirety of Seinfeld has appeared. I miss @Happy Face.

Got that on my watch list. 

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Well I probably don't need to watch it now.

The husband of one of Mrs.F’s work colleagues is about to appear on “Farage at Large” on GB news, live from sunderland. 

It’s every bit as terrible as you’d expect it to be. 

I’ve lasted 2 minutes before I’ve fucked it off, which I’m quite impressed with tbh.