Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Started Deadwood again because there’s no need to watch new things when you can have the comfort of Timothy Olyphant booting some daft bastard down the stairs. Might go to Justified again afterwards to complete the Olyphant duology. I forgot that Ron Swanson shows up early doors with his cock out.

Has anyone started Severance? Seems like the kind of vaguely high-concept sci-fi that’s up my street

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

don't know how I've not seen this before as it was filmed in 2015, but anyway just sat through the story of the jam: about the young idea.

absolutely superb, loved the formatting of it as well as obviously the songs, massively influential band. that said, first time I saw them was at the mayfair ballrooms I have zero recollection of it other than I was there because I still had the ticket stub years later. must've spent the night barfing up in the bogs like a 15 year old's supposed to do!

saw them again at the city hall in '79 supported by the vapors during the setting sons tour. fortunately I remember this one, no matter how pissed I mightve been!

sharp as fuck, tremendous band and a fantastic watch if you can catch up on it on.sky arts.

:)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Attenborough has a one-off special airing next Friday 15th on BBC. 

They’ve spent the last three years at a fossil site called Tanis in North Dakota which provides evidence of the day the meteor struck. 
Article here.

I absolutely love shit like this- they’ve found a leg, amongst other things, which is virtually intact ( muscle, skin, etc) that they think was torn off when the river surge/tsunami hit. 
EAC05CC2-A2A7-4B9D-9D00-62CBD0F56A8C.thumb.png.4632daa865b8b4a09432d22e0fe2b232.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Watched a bit of that Pilgrimage thing on the BBC. There was a proper intellectual meeting of minds when Monty Panesar and Scarlett Moffat started talking to each other about the meaning of life etc 

• Haha 2

On 07/04/2022 at 08:29, Monkeys Fist said:

Attenborough has a one-off special airing next Friday 15th on BBC. 

They’ve spent the last three years at a fossil site called Tanis in North Dakota which provides evidence of the day the meteor struck. 
Article here.

I absolutely love shit like this- they’ve found a leg, amongst other things, which is virtually intact ( muscle, skin, etc) that they think was torn off when the river surge/tsunami hit. 
EAC05CC2-A2A7-4B9D-9D00-62CBD0F56A8C.thumb.png.4632daa865b8b4a09432d22e0fe2b232.png

Thank god for iplayer- totally missed this :lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Robbo on Amazon about Bryan Robson. As someone with a massive disrespect of man U watched the first few minutes ready to turn off but it was a very good documentary going into his West Brom days and starting off with him blowing smoke up NUFCs arse whilst sitting in SJP so any MLFs watching look away now! :lol: As I'm from the era as a bairn/teen it was very relatable. 

• 3 weeks later...

Watched the final episode of The Last Kingdom* last night. 

5 seasons, 8-10 x1hour-long episodes in each. 

Very good, (although I’m disappointed Eadith never whipped out the pups), and looking forward to the movie length “absolutely final, definitely no more after this” special which they’ve just wrapped filming earlier this year. 

* It’s about a Saxon lad, Uhtred, born a Saxon, brought up a Dane, who fights and shags his way round the country at the time of King Alfred- GoT meets Vikings, without the dragons and nonsense. 
More than 50% of the characters are called Aethelsomething - Aethelred, Aethefrith, Aethelstan, Aethelflaed, Aethelhelm, Aethelwold. 
Based on Bernard Cornwall’s historical novels. 

Love Cornwall's books, all of them, I really wish they would remake Sharpe with todays CGI it'd be tremendous. Sean Bean fighting a French army made up of 12 blokes just didn't cut it for me.

13 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Love Cornwall's books, all of them, I really wish they would remake Sharpe with todays CGI it'd be tremendous. Sean Bean fighting a French army made up of 12 blokes just didn't cut it for me.

The battles in Last Kingdom have their moments

• Like 1

‘WINNIE THE POOH: BLOOD AND HONEY’

Winnie.jpg

Snippet from the article:

“Because they’ve had to fend for themselves so much, they’ve essentially become feral,” Waterfield continued. “So they’ve gone back to their animal roots. They’re no longer tame: they’re like a vicious bear and pig who want to go around and try and find prey.”

The film was shot in 10 days in England, not far from Ashdown Forest, the inspiration for Milne’s imaginary Hundred Acre Wood in the “Winnie the Pooh” stories. Although Waterfield declined to reveal the budget for the slasher flick, he said audiences “shouldn’t be expecting this to be a Hollywood-level production.” Jagged Edge Productions, which Waterfield runs with co-producer Scott Jeffrey, made the film, and ITN Studios have already signed on to distribute it (a release date is TBD).

https://omnihanded.com/winnie-the-pooh-blood-and-honey-director-teases-slasher-film-plot-pooh-and-piglet-go-on-a-rampage/

• Confused 2

Pistol on Disney.

Fucking hell, those two things don't go together do they? The Sex Pistols and Disney.

It's okay but way to polished for what was dirt and grime, those with nothing and how Thatcher was killing the UK.

Actually on that Boyle does not touch on Thatcherism which was a huge part of the disillusionment for that generation.

Anyway 6 out of 10 for subject, 3 out of 10 for execution...

Oh I forgot, you'll never look at Arya Stark the same again!

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Pistol on Disney.

Fucking hell, those two things don't go together do they? The Sex Pistols and Disney.

It's okay but way to polished for what was dirt and grime, those with nothing and how Thatcher was killing the UK.

Actually on that Boyle does not touch on Thatcherism which was a huge part of the disillusionment for that generation.

Anyway 6 out of 10 for subject, 3 out of 10 for execution...

Oh I forgot, you'll never look at Arya Stark the same again!

It's set in 1977 2 years before Thatcher

• Haha 3