Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

26 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Watching Sherwood at the mo. Im invested now so will see it through but its pretty mediocre. 

I was bored shitless by the end of watching episode 2 but the ending peaked my interest enough to continue I guess. 

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Re-watching Dennis Potter's 'lipstick on your collar' on channel four's iPlayer. Tremendous stuff. :lol:

Louise-Germaine-4.jpeg?resize=633,707&ss

Wanker 

• Haha 2

On 06/02/2022 at 21:53, Kid Dynamite said:

The Rescue on Disney+

Documentary about the Thai cave rescue. Amazing watch. If it was a Hollywood film you would think it was too far fetched 

Watched this last night. What a watch. True Heroes.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

probably not technically a recommendation seeing as I haven't even seen it, 9pm tonight on sky performance, who killed the klf?

loved them, their album 'the white room' is a masterpiece.   :)

It’s not as good as Chill Out though 

• Like 1

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Are those the "edgy" fellas that burned a million quid? That was daft 

I think they probably regret it like. It’s not like they’ll be loaded. Doesn’t really diminish them as artists (probably makes it a much bigger statement, especially back then when it was worth even more) and Drummond and Cauty are both interesting characters in general, as well as musically. Jimmy Cauty did the famous Lord of the Rings and Hobbit posters you used to be able to buy in Athena. They actually managed to make the Brits interesting once too, which is no mean feat. 
I did see a previous documentary where they had a box or suitcase that contained the ashes of the burnt cash. They were taking it around art galleries and a dealer said it might be worth something in the region of 10 grand. He strongly recommended they go to the Bank of England with the serial numbers to try and get the money back :lol: 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I think they probably regret it like. It’s not like they’ll be loaded. Doesn’t really diminish them as artists (probably makes it a much bigger statement, especially back then when it was worth even more) and Drummond and Cauty are both interesting characters in general, as well as musically. Jimmy Cauty did the famous Lord of the Rings and Hobbit posters you used to be able to buy in Athena. They actually managed to make the Brits interesting once too, which is no mean feat. 
I did see a previous documentary where they had a box or suitcase that contained the ashes of the burnt cash. They were taking it around art galleries and a dealer said it might be worth something in the region of 10 grand. He strongly recommended they go to the Bank of England with the serial numbers to try and get the money back :lol: 

was on jura wasn't it?

probably just desperation to keep the midges away.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

was on jura wasn't it?

probably just desperation to keep the midges away.

Aye. It was on Jura. It was in some boat shed iirc. Same island Orwell wrote 1984 too I think. I’ve never actually been although I’ve seen the Paps of Jura peaking through the gloom from the southern shores of the Isle of Mull 

The KLF: Chaos, Magic and the Band who Burned a Million Pounds https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EEBDFA8/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_AHK4KWJZQZVX2ZR3W3BE

@Alex

@thebrokendoll

You both might like this if you haven't read it. I haven't but the bloke is on Adam Buxton's podcast which I'm listening to as I saw your posts.

Could be a beautiful serendipitous moment or you could both ignore it like a pair of cunts, see if I fucking care. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The KLF: Chaos, Magic and the Band who Burned a Million Pounds https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EEBDFA8/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_AHK4KWJZQZVX2ZR3W3BE

@Alex

@thebrokendoll

You both might like this if you haven't read it. I haven't but the bloke is on Adam Buxton's podcast which I'm listening to as I saw your posts.

Could be a beautiful serendipitous moment or you could both ignore it like a pair of cunts, see if I fucking care. 

I was very tempted to not reply ;) but aye, Tooj is readying it atm so I thought I’d be tight and borrow his copy. Thanks though, it’s the thought that counts x

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Alex said:

It mentions Drummond admitted feeling some regret later here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/K_Foundation_Burn_a_Million_Quid

• Like 1

I saw Drummond about 15-20 year ago in the Forth. He was meant to be doing some spoken word performance type thing but it was about 10 on a Friday or Saturday night and he stood up on a table to do it. He got heckled / shouted down as almost everyone in their assumed he was just done pissed Scotsman. Which to be fair is the distinct impression he gave :lol: it was quite sad really. Fuck knows what state he’s in now 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Pirate Gold of Adak Island.

@Christmas Tree this will be bang up your street. Bunch of absolute misfits who wear full camo for some unknown reason metal detecting for lost pirate gold on an Alaskan Island. Six episodes. Netflix. 

Excellent!

No spoilers please😀

Didn't Drummond grow up in Dumfries? Burning stuff is just the done thing down there. Nice part of the country like, gulf stream n'all that but fuck me do they have a thing with setting thing on fire for fun.

• Haha 1