Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

7 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Its shit. 

I put it on yesterday when I was fairly certain I was gonna fall asleep. I saw the first 5 minutes, woke up 2.5 episodes in, turned it off and IMMEDIATELY recommended it to you. 

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I put it on yesterday when I was fairly certain I was gonna fall asleep. I saw the first 5 minutes, woke up 2.5 episodes in, turned it off and IMMEDIATELY recommended it to you. 

Having been sucked in to the likes of “curse of oak island” in the past, it was fairly obvious early in the first episode that it was full of padded out and repeated content. Very little digging and some of the detectors they were using were absolutely shit.

Quickly fast forwarded through all 8 episodes and so pleased I did :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Just binged upto date with Better Call Saul. Quality TV. New Eps out in a couple of weeks.

Just did the same, caught up yesterday. It's class. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Renton said:

Better Call Saul back on. A particularly powerful episode tonight. Now I have to wait for a week until the next one. Natch. 

Was class. It’s been one slow burn and is finally coming to the boil

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Was class. It’s been one slow burn and is finally coming to the boil

Yep. Don't think it's a spoiler to say everyone needs a Mike in their life!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Has anyone else watched Severance? Thought it was a nice concept and built a very interesting world. Middle episodes were ok, but the last 2 were brilliant

I think the finale was the best TV I've watched all year, well worth the time. Would highly recommend 

Totally agree. The finale was incredible. I recommended it to a mate who couldn't get through the first episodes. I kept telling him it's worth it even if you're hating it just to get to see the finale, but he wouldn't have it. 

• Thanks 1

Started watching Better Call Saul for the second time. Did the same with Breaking.Bad. Obviously you lose the suspense but that is more than made up for by appreciating the shear craftsmanship of it. I don't think there will ever be better TV than these two shows. 

Watched half an episode of Pistol, which tbh is pretty dire, despite my lust for the Chris's Hinde actress. Thought Danny Boyle would do better than this tbh. 

Edited by Renton

Just now, Renton said:

Started watching Better Call Saul for the second time. Did the same with Breaking.Bad. Obviously you lose the suspense but that is more than made up for by appreciati g the shear craftsmanship of it. I don't think there will ever be better TV than these two shows. 

Watched half an episode of Pistol, which tbh is pretty dire, despite my last for the Chris's Hinde actress. Thought Danny Boyle would do better than this tbh. 

Yeah I thought Pistol would be right up my street but it was dreadful. Noped out after 30 mins 

• 1 month later...

Sandman, utterly brilliant.

As a bonus, got a few frothing on twitter as it's "too woke" as it has trans and gay folks in it. It actually follows the comics/books characters exactly and .............. they were written in 1989, the author took great delight in pointing that out to one frother !!!

• Like 2

Aye I enjoyed it too. To be honest I preferred the earlier episodes, I think the last couple weren't as good and I haven't watched the bonus one yet (do I need to?). But overall def worth a watch. 

55 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye I enjoyed it too. To be honest I preferred the earlier episodes, I think the last couple weren't as good and I haven't watched the bonus one yet (do I need to?). But overall def worth a watch. 

Yes, it's two separate parts rolled into one (one animated).