Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

On 21/09/2022 at 20:10, Kid Dynamite said:

My favourite ever series. People who put the Wire and Soprano's above it are idiots 

That has to be the worst post in this entire thread.

Aren’t you the bloke who liked that absolute abomination, ‘Sons of Anarchy’ (apologies if I’m mixing you up

with another poster who enjoys abysmal TV)?

• Haha 7

• 3 weeks later...

Came across 'The Monocled Mutineer' on the dodgy TV. Picture quality isn't great but it's good viewing, remember watching it when it was first aired but other than thinking it was good I couldn't remember too much about it other than Paul McCann being in it. It's only four episodes and I'm not too sure you'd see it getting done now as the WW1 fetish is strong these days and the idea of the common soldier not being too enamoured fighting for something they think is bollocks mightn't go down too well but everything's woke now isn't it? (Cherie Lunghi is in it and gets her tits out one point @Monkeys Fist) 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

No bit it’s on my list along with the latest season of industry. Been enjoying house of the dragon. Fans of game of thrones will love it 

I've found it a bit boring tbh, I don't think it compares well with the first 5 series of GoT at all. Changing the actors constantly is confusuing, as is the fact the dragon lass's children all have brown hair (as she's been shagging around) but the queen consort's kids all have platinum hair despite the fact she is a brunette. 9 hours in and it feels fuck all has happened.

Watching  "The Bear" on Disney, about a chef in Chicago. It's got rave reviews but I'm not feeling that yet either. Hopefully will pick up the pace. 

19 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Industry any good? 

yeah it's watchable: shagging, drugs and parties a plenty with people screaming insults at each other in the trading room floor by day and getting their jubblies out by night - good entertainment.

though my mate who works at an investment bank says it's nothing like real life when i told him it made it look like i picked the wrong career - the reality is apparently much more boring. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Is everyone watching Bad Sisters? Last episode released today so you can binge the lot in one go. It's good stuff, easy watching. 

It's well done but I've got to tell you it's not such an easy watch when villain of the peace is a carbon copy of your own father. Triggering as the youngsters might say

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Accused - 2010

By Jimmy McGovern

Not sure how I missed this first time around but what a brilliant series, crammed full of top quality actors.

Anything by McGovern is likely to be outstanding.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Alex said:

Anyone else a fan of ‘How to with John Wilson’? 

Never heard of it until now, quick youtube and my interest is piqued, though I worry it may already have peaked.

Words are fun, aren't they? Piqued, peaked. Homonyms. 

Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

• Haha 3