Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

So people should stop watching everything he's in? Hey, we still read the odd one of Gemmill's posts.

Yes. I wouldn't listen to a new Gary Glitter song either. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

against my better judgement i'm probably going to have to end up watching this harry and megan thing because no one at the London dinner parties I frequent will no doubt STFU about it and I don't want to come across as a northern oink do I?

Rather you than me, Gloomy. 

42 minutes ago, Craig said:

Yeah I'd already read the book and agree.

They change so much that doesn't really have much benefit and takes so much away. I really want to read the book again now.

21 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Just finished white lotus season two. Comfortably the best TV of the year 

:lol:

Hadaway and shite man. It was entertaining enough but had the depth of coronation street. I was hoping for some kind of twist that never came. 

To come out with this nonsense the year that the finale of Better Call Saul came out is quite something. 👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Renton said:

:lol:

Hadaway and shite man. It was entertaining enough but had the depth of coronation street. I was hoping for some kind of twist that never came. 

To come out with this nonsense the year that the finale of Better Call Saul came out is quite something. 👍

on reflection, that was hyperbolic way of putting it: Better Caul Saul and Succession are up there too. 

disagree about white lotus though. I thought everything about it was brilliant. Character development, plot, cinematography - the lot. I love Jennifer Coolidge and Tom Hollander stole the show. Hope they make another season.  

On 08/12/2022 at 14:17, Dr Gloom said:

against my better judgement i'm probably going to have to end up watching this harry and megan thing because no one will STFU about it

I’ve managed to avoid discussing it until now :lol: 

On 04/12/2022 at 13:53, Christmas Tree said:

Pile of steaming shit 💩

Watched the first 3 episodes and what a slow burner. Popped across to IMDB reviews to see if I was wasting my time.

”slow burner, worth the wait” etc

So ploughed on. The next 4 episodes are virtually a repeat of each other followed by a batshit finale. 

Avoid

I enjoyed it. Nicely shot and was never bored. Agree on the finale but that just sets a second series up on a different path.

It had elements of The OA/Lost/Dark so if you're into them then I say jump aboard (pun intended) !