Besty

22 minutes ago, Renton said:

The problem with Game of Thrones.

Overall IMDb:

image.thumb.png.7679d4fbcf67b8399d5551f3e047e078.png

Last episode IMDb:

image.png.09c77b7a7352cedc094983a77e34cdb3.png

:lol:

Fuck me, has any series fell from grace harder than that before? 

Lost.

38 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol:  Going to take a lot of good TV away if that’s your criteria.

Aye okay, but when you're talking about a show that's specifically about the key figure in a religion, I think it's worth knowing what flavour of that religion is involved in making it.

• Haha 2

GoT paid the price of adapting an unfinished story where the author can't be fucked to tie up the loose ends, and the pressure from the studio to wrap this shit up nice an early before they have to renegotiate all those phat contracts.

Like Renton says, the drop off from the first 5 seasons to the final 3 is massive. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The Sopranos is a masterpiece. 

Paulie Walnuts is the greatest, most erudite character ever written. 

Anyone who disagrees can bite me. 

Him and uncle junior, superb. 👍

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, The Fish said:

GoT paid the price of adapting an unfinished story where the author can't be fucked to tie up the loose ends, and the pressure from the studio to wrap this shit up nice an early before they have to renegotiate all those phat contracts.

Like Renton says, the drop off from the first 5 seasons to the final 3 is massive. 

I thought it was class right up until the last season, where I fully agree with your point about the Tv series overtaking the source material. The ending felt rushed and anticlimactic.

But I loved the other seasons. I usually hate all that LotR fantasy bollocks but that’s why GoT crossed over - it was all about the characters and the plot. The dragons and sorcery bullshit was just the backdrop. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Listen, if you lads want to watch Game of Thrones, that's your lookout, but just to be very clear:

WE CAN NEVER BE FRIENDS

Two words fuckknuckle; Mindy. Project.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Listen, if you lads want to watch Game of Thrones, that's your lookout, but just to be very clear:

WE CAN NEVER BE FRIENDS

thank fuck for that, ‘SOMEBODY FEED PHIL’ BOY

Edited by Dr Gloom

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Disappointing nipple count decline mind as the series progressed. I blame the tofu-eating wokerati  

It was these poncey actors like Emelia Clarke getting ideas above their station because they were famous. 

Full data on chebbage count here.

https://www.yellowfinbi.com/blog/data-visualization-exposes-nudity-in-game-of-thrones

Screenshot_20230123_175521_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5518444c5d3700b9873873964b562205.jpg

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Him and uncle junior, superb. 👍

The bit where Junior’s gone senile and he thinks Curb Your Enthusiasm on tv is about his court case and Larry David is him :lol: 

• Haha 4

The Sopranos hype is absolutely justified. The whole series in it's entirety was just so chilled and weirdly relaxing in a Northern Exposure sort of way. 

@Renton I had BB the other way around. Sporanos hooked me immediately and even after watching it all several times it's still "comfort telly" for me. BB I think I might not have stuck with if the person who recommended it hadn't said "it's a slow burner, stick with it until the bathtub scene at the very least". Actually surprised now seeing Gemmill highlighting just how much happened in that first episode and knowing it still managed to keep turning up the heat until the finale. The Sopranos is a lot more sedate.

• Like 2

I thought Game of Thrones was totally overrated.

It was watchable but there were just too many characters with ridiculous names. I’m fairly sure it was aimed at teenagers. It would have benefitted by having the character names on the bottom of the screen whenever they appeared, a bit like football games on the Playstation.

The last couple of seasons were just mental too, some change of place.

Anyone mentioning it in the same breath as The Wire, The Sopranos and Breaking Bad should only be given restricted access to this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

It would have benefitted by having the character names on the bottom of the screen whenever they appeared, a bit like football games on the Playstation.

:lol: Spot on

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

I thought Game of Thrones was totally overrated.

It was watchable but there were just too many characters with ridiculous names. I’m fairly sure it was aimed at teenagers. It would have benefitted by having the character names on the bottom of the screen whenever they appeared, a bit like football games on the Playstation.

The last couple of seasons were just mental too, some change of place.

Anyone mentioning it in the same breath as The Wire, The Sopranos and Breaking Bad should only be given restricted access to this thread.

This was a big part of my problem with GoT. Too many characters and too many fucking stupid names. I'm not gonna remember made up names, but especially not when there's 40 characters I need to keep track of. 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

The bit where Junior’s gone senile and he thinks Curb Your Enthusiasm on tv is about his court case and Larry David is him :lol: 

:lol:

There's so many funny bits in it but it's a great window into the human psyche of these people but people in general, the manipulation, the taking advantage of others and of moving into potentially advantageous positions and licking people's arse, especially Tony wouldn't be out of place in a royal court of Henry VIII or probably present day. Tony is both powerful, switched but incredibly needy and a bit of a cunt to put it mildly, funny how you can both like him, root for him but want him brought down within an episode. Superb series albeit the odd quiet or slow episode, the odd hallucination scene or 'ghost appearance' to guilt ridden characters just add to it. 

• Like 2