Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

3 hours ago, Alex said:

:lol: Beaker is one of the greatest comedy characters of all time btw 

There was this poor  Über Ginger lad in our class at school who’s voice was breaking for what seemed like three years- every time he spoke it was a squeak. 

Guess what his nickname was :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

There was this poor  Über Ginger lad in our class at school who’s voice was breaking for what seemed like three years- every time he spoke it was a squeak. 

Guess what his nickname was :lol:

I hope you didn't sing this at him, because that would be terrible.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Started Fargo last night. Love it :) 

Jealous. Each season is brilliant in its own way. I can’t understand why they stopped making it. Brilliant TV

• Like 1

did a search of this and couldn't find it, so apologies if already mentioned.

for those who played the game and enjoyed it or even those that haven't...

watched the first two episodes of 'the last of us' and really quite enjoyed it. visually impressive post apocalyptic city scapes and they've got the clickers spot on!  :)

On 23/01/2023 at 13:29, Renton said:

For some reason everyone is creaming themselves over the Last of Us, record IMdB etc. First episode so so, it covered about the same time as I got up to on the video game before I gave up on it cos I found it boring. Hopefully the story and characters will develop a bit more now and I can get the Oberon MArtell  and Lyanna Mormont type casts out of my head. 

I'm a week behind so watched the second episode tonight - bored me to tears. 

The third one is supposedly a bit of a one-off with that bloke out of Parks and Recreation so I'll watch it as a make or break decision maker on the whole thing. 

They’re showing Early Doors again on BBC4. First season and a couple of episodes of the second are on iPlayer with the remaining 4 to follow. It’s class if you haven’t seen it before and we’ll worth revisiting if you have 

• Like 1

Finally watched Andor and thought it was class. Especially the latter half of it. Funny how Star Wars is able to put out decent stuff when they let go of the skywalker crap, Rogue One another example. 

On 30/01/2023 at 22:25, NJS said:

I'm a week behind so watched the second episode tonight - bored me to tears. 

The third one is supposedly a bit of a one-off with that bloke out of Parks and Recreation so I'll watch it as a make or break decision maker on the whole thing. 

It's been hyped to death but it's effectively a rip off of the walking dead

On 30/01/2023 at 22:29, Alex said:

They’re showing Early Doors again on BBC4. First season and a couple of episodes of the second are on iPlayer with the remaining 4 to follow. It’s class if you haven’t seen it before and we’ll worth revisiting if you have 

I’d second this- it’s a fantastic show, some really well-observed characters, and the best grumpy old cunt on TV. 
It’s classed as comedy but it’s so much more than just a comedy. 
It inevitably gets compared to the Royle Family as Craig Cash wrote for both, but I think this is far better. 

• Like 1

Anyone seen the Adam Curtis series on the collapse of the Soviet Union and what followed (up to 1999 I think)? Quite fancy it although I expect it’ll be fucking grim in parts 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Anyone seen the Adam Curtis series on the collapse of the Soviet Union and what followed (up to 1999 I think)? Quite fancy it although I expect it’ll be fucking grim in parts 

The one shown on bbc4 (?) the other day? I watched parts of it and it is worth watching. They basically only show old clips without unnecessary commentary. The pictures and the content speak for themselves.

7 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

The one shown on bbc4 (?) the other day? I watched parts of it and it is worth watching. They basically only show old clips without unnecessary commentary. The pictures and the content speak for themselves.

That’s the one. Caught a bit of it but wanted to watch it properly. It’s actually 7 x 1 hour episodes chronicling 1985-1999. It’s on iPlayer but that might be UK only 

17 hours ago, Gemmill said:

"Shrinking" had a pretty strong first episode imo. It's AppleTV. 

Just finished Ted Lasso and that was the next recommendation so I started watching it a couple of days ago. 3 episodes in - so far, so good. :good:

• 2 weeks later...