Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

14 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

And the finale makes absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever

I would disagree, it shows that hypothermia must be a myth, several minutes under the ice in a frozen lake is no reason not to then wander around on the ice in your soaking wet street street clothes.

• Haha 2

Product placement, your mega-Rich, absolutely meticulous at planning, foresees-all-events villain, can't miss an earning opportunity.

Edited by Toonpack

She is flying high in top 3. Along with the new edition of Holiday Grainger.

The other half always starts a conversation about her in this format: “the funny looking girl you like is in this…”

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Haha 7

Got a free 3 months of Apple TV for buying a blender (?!) so decided to resume Ted Lasso seeing as there's a new season coming up. 

I'd previously abandoned it partway through episode 2 of season 2. 

It's fucking shite man. The jokes are fucking terrible. Ted Lasso himself is just a big stupid annoying cunt, and every character in it is a cartoonish blow-up version of what they're meant to be portraying. 

An awful pile of shit. 

I don't mind an average comedy for a bit of half hour escapism, but this isn't remotely funny. Anyone who watches this and thinks they're better than the Mindy Project is a convicted rapist. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Got a free 3 months of Apple TV for buying a blender (?!) so decided to resume Ted Lasso seeing as there's a new season coming up. 

It's fucking shite man. The jokes are fucking terrible. Ted Lasso himself is just a big stupid annoying cunt, and every character in it is a cartoonish blow-up version of what they're meant to be portraying. 

An awful pile of shit. 

I don't mind an average comedy for a bit of half hour escapism, but this isn't remotely funny. Anyone who watches this and thinks they're better than the Mindy Project is a convicted rapist. 

we gave up midway though season 2 too. Enjoyed the first one but it was just too saccharine in the end 

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

An awful pile of shit. 

I got Apple TV for 6 months from so route so banal I can't even remember what it was. Watched Ted Lasso on Gloom's advice, it is indeed shit. Bad sisters has been okay. Overall underwhelmed and sick of the fact I need a dozen streaming services to watch the odd decent show.

1 minute ago, Renton said:

I got Apple TV for 6 months from so route so banal I can't even remember what it was. Watched Ted Lasso on Gloom's advice, it is indeed shit. Bad sisters has been okay. Overall underwhelmed and sick of the fact I need a dozen streaming services to watch the odd decent show.

the morning show is on there. That’s worth a watch 

• Like 1

For me though to watch TV the way I want to, I have to find something Mrs Rents also likes. The Venn diagram intersect is canny small. On my side you have thought provoking documentaries (science or political), top notch crime drama (preferably with high chebbage count), hard hitting gritty UK based emotional drama, war films, comedies that actually make you laugh, and genuinely good Sci fi, fantasy or horror ( as rare as rocking horse shot nowadays). On her side there is costume dramas and Vera. 

We did watch Last of Us together which was good, but not as great as it was made out to be. After bad sisters I'm pretty much out of ideas. 

Edited by Renton

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

For me though to watch TV the way I want to, I have to find something Mrs Rents also likes. The Venn diagram intersect is canny small. On my side you have thought provoking documentaries (preferably with high chebbage count), top notch crime drama (preferably with high chebbage count), hard hitting gritty UK based emotional drama (preferably with high chebbage count), war films (preferably with high chebbage count), comedies that actually make you laugh (preferably with high chebbage count), and genuinely good Sci fi, fantasy or horror (preferably with high chebbage count). On her side there is costume dramas and Vera. 

MF'dYP

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Renton said:

For me though to watch TV the way I want to, I have to find something Mrs Rents also likes. The Venn diagram intersect is canny small. On my side you have thought provoking documentaries (science or political), top notch crime drama (preferably with high chebbage count), hard hitting gritty UK based emotional drama, war films, comedies that actually make you laugh, and genuinely good Sci fi, fantasy or horror ( as rare as rocking horse shot nowadays). On her side there is costume dramas and Vera. 

We did watch Last of Us together which was good, but not as great as it was made out to be. After bad sisters I'm pretty much out of ideas. 

Yellowstone should be your next go to couples tv and there’s loads of seasons to go at.

51 minutes ago, Renton said:

:lol: condolences 

I have it slightly better with my Mrs. We pretty much take turns picking a box set. The only no go areas are horror and westerns for her and rom coms for me. 

Best things we watched together recently are severance, white lotus and industry. 

also enjoying watching the entire back catalogue of taskmaster with our 12 year old. Good stuff 

We started watching Detectorists again recently. 

It really is very good, although somewhat lacking in chebbage. 

Also , by request of Fist Jnr, waiting for all the new Mandalorian episodes to release before watching it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: condolences 

I have it slightly better with my Mrs. We pretty much take turns picking a box set. The only no go areas are horror and westerns for her and rom coms for me. 

Best things we watched together recently are severance, white lotus and industry. 

also enjoying watching the entire back catalogue of taskmaster with our 12 year old. Good stuff 

Might give severance a go whilst I have Apple TV. 

I think I will ditch Netflix mind. Haven't watched a single thing on it since BCS. It's remarkable how much money Netflix spends on utter gash TV. There's a few things on Prime I want to catch up on, so I guess that's worth buying for a while.