Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

We started watching Detectorists again recently. 

It really is very good, although somewhat lacking in chebbage. 

Also , by request of Fist Jnr, waiting for all the new Mandalorian episodes to release before watching it.

i just started that with mini gloom. enjoyable craic for both the middle aged star wars nerds and young ones 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

The kids have custody of the remotes in our house. 

i'm constantly having to shout at mine to get the shite they love on YouTube off. i can't even be in the same room as it man

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm constantly having to shout at mine to get the shite they love on YouTube off. i can't even be in the same room as it man

Yeah, same. Honestly, just getting them to watch normal TV is a victory. The youngest logs into youtube somehow using my account and it completely fucks my own feed. She enjoys watching videos of some silly bint playing Roblox ffs. 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, same. Honestly, just getting them to watch normal TV is a victory. The youngest logs into youtube somehow using my account and it completely fucks my own feed. She enjoys watching videos of some silly bint playing Roblox ffs. 

yeah, mine are into the same. i'd honestly rather they played the video games than watch some fucking yank loser narrate their way through a game on YT

• Like 3

My personal favourite is them having that playing on YT on the telly but not actually watching it because they’re playing Roblox on their iPads 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I went through a similar independence phase but was relegated to the conservatory, (freezing in winter, too bright in summer) with the uncomfy chairs.

She gets the living room, I get the kitchen. 

• Haha 1

On 17/03/2023 at 11:23, Renton said:

Same. How old are yours?

I foolishly bought my 4 year old an iPad for xmas as his older brother has one. I cant get him off YouTube Kids.

38 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Same. How old are yours?

I foolishly bought my 4 year old an iPad for xmas as his older brother has one. I cant get him off YouTube Kids.

A bit older by the sound of things, 10 and 11. Both got phones for their 10th birthday but they're iPhones which absolves me of responsibility on that front thank fuck. I just have to work out how to control their use of their android tablets and the eldest ones Windows laptop. She runs rings around me. 

The Last Kingdom film, Seven Kings Must Die, releases on Netflix 14th April. 

Loved the series, and many of the cast are returning- expect lots of juicy battles, a reasonable xChb, and far too many people called Aethelsomething. 

(Also, I very much hope it’s not a steaming turd like the Luther shitfest.)

possibly a one for @Kid Dynamite here...

watched pinball: the man who saved the game last night, canny film, bizarre that pinball machines were banned in new york up until '76.

anyway, even if you're not remotely in to flippers and flashing lights it has the lovely crystal reed in to lust over instead, doesn't come remotely close to getting her tits out though.

cast_crystal_reed.jpg

• Haha 1

I embarrassed myself showing my age at a works night in Lane 7 the other day. Fancied a game of the old silver ball which was a quid a go. Went to the bar to ask for change, but they told me they were cashless. I was a bit scoobied by this, and asked how can I get pound coins for the pinballs? Turns out you get credits on them through contactless as well. Eeeh, isn't technology amazing?

Anyway, some of the fucking kids at my work had never even seen a real pinball machine before ffs. Tbf I blew them away with my Tommyesque skills. As I get older I am losing my sight and hearing a bit too as it happens, as well as my libido and bladder control. But at least I'm still a wizard on the whiffle boards. 👍

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

possibly a one for @Kid Dynamite here...

watched pinball: the man who saved the game last night, canny film, bizarre that pinball machines were banned in new york up until '76.

anyway, even if you're not remotely in to flippers and flashing lights it has the lovely crystal reed in to lust over instead, doesn't come remotely close to getting her tits out though.

cast_crystal_reed.jpg

Saw it last week. Decent watch