Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Colin from Accounts was a good shout @Alex

Who knew Aussies could be funny? Jim Jefferies being the general exception to the rule

Yeah, it’s really good. Difficult to do something like that and be funny but still make you care about the characters etc 

• 2 weeks later...

erm, if you've got access to lots of channels shall we say, I thoroughly recommend 'sisu'.

a finnish movie set in lapland at the end of the second world War about a prospector who has gold stolen by nazis and single handedly wreaks havoc getting it back, fucking brutal stuff, best movie I've watched for a while!  :)

sisu-et00357229-1681298816.jpg

33 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Im enjoying 1923 at the mo. Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren.

Very good so far.

Watching 1883 at the moment. It's good as well.

On 05/06/2023 at 16:20, Holden McGroin said:

Aye, I like that. I love a Western. 

we're on yellowstone season 5.  is it best to watch 1883 or 1923 next? i mean i get the obvious order but you guys might know for sure

10 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

we're on yellowstone season 5.  is it best to watch 1883 or 1923 next? i mean i get the obvious order but you guys might know for sure

They're standalone series aren't they? But it might be more satisfying to watch it chronologically?

25 minutes ago, The Fish said:

They're standalone series aren't they? But it might be more satisfying to watch it chronologically?

my thoughts exactly.

just had a google and it said that despite the common thread, they are all pretty well standalone. so chronological it is then.

if only the starwars franchise had included a year in every movie and spin off

2 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

my thoughts exactly.

just had a google and it said that despite the common thread, they are all pretty well standalone. so chronological it is then.

if only the starwars franchise had included a year in every movie and spin off

I guarantee there's a webpage which has everything in chronological order for Star Wars. 

Marvel does. 

11 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

we're way behind the curve i know but me, the wife, and my girls are loving Ted Lasso atm. Have to be honest i found myself cheering for City even in a make believe show

Watched the finale of Ted Lasso last night :cry:

No idea why they finished after three seasons, pretty sure they could have gone of for at least one, if not two, more with next season focussing more on the [spoiler]Champions League[/spoiler] but I suppose it's a refreshing change from the norm.

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I guarantee there's a webpage which has everything in chronological order for Star Wars. 

Marvel does. 

i'm sure there is. it would just be nice if we didn't need google to get through the day.

I'm a bit of a comic nerd so i tend to look at those marvel ones, dc too.

started collecting back in the 80's now i just want the space back in my house but can't bear to let go

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Good work with that spoiler tag. :lol:

Just as well no one gives a shite cos it's fucking TERRIBLE.

we love it but you're right about the spoiler tag. might as well have put it in bold. luckily the shows more about the characters than the team.

Well that's the best I could do :finger:

I thought there used to be a proper spoiler tag but couldn't find it. 

Oh and your opinion on a GREAT show is fucking TERRIBLE.

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Cough Somebody feed Phil Cough

His greatest crime will forever be "The Mindy Project".

14 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

You can watch all independently but I’d suggest 1883 first as there might be a couple of spoilers in 1923.

I’ve only seen about 3 eps of Yellowstone. Couldn’t get into it but will try again.

There will be a season 2 of 1923.

Just now, Gemmill said:

I GUARANTEE you that Mindy is funnier than Lasso. And it's not even remotely close.

Lasso is fucking TERRIBLE.

Your guarantee means less and less. 

Mindy Project ffs. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m off this weekend so I’ll be making time to study the remarkable “acting” talents of Salma in the new Black Mirror. 

black-mirror-01-ht-jef-230426_1682535817

Without spoiling it, I expect True Geordie to be watching with his pants round his ankles as she delivers the line

”Doesn't my asshole have any rights?”

What a time to be alive. 

• Haha 2