Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Underbelly - the Australian version of the Sopranos but based on factual events.

Full of t & a but a typical Aust production, has huge potential but fails to quite measure up.

• 6 months later...

Ah fuck it. Gonna stick me nerd glasses on.

Doctor Who's last series has been terrific for me, much more centered plots without too much flash-boom bang to annoy. And Matt Smith is a very worthy Doctor. Brilliant actor. You're gonna see a lot of this boy in the future.

Steven Moffat's other show Sherlock is brilliant and well worth a squint. Modern Family is funny and improving all the time. South Park is immense and for sheer guily pleasures Everybody loves Raymond has some giggles too.

*tin hat on. ducks and covers*

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been watching The Trip? Gets really tedious watching them do the same impressions in a different restaurant over and over again....but there's some quality stuff outside of that. Coogan trying to do Brydons man stuck in a box while brushing his teeth made me chuckle.

The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret was hit and miss too. Some very funny moments.

Last night was the first chance I've had to watched it properly and I really enjoyed it.

Edit: The Trip that is.

Edited by alex

Last night was the first chance I've had to watched it properly and I really enjoyed it.

Really like it myself, but it does help if firstly you're a big fan of Coogan particularly and Brydon and secondly that you know a fair bit about their real personas and Coogan's reputation to really appreciate them playing this version of themselves. But i'm impressed after two episodes with the third sky+ and ready to watch.

Watched the first ep of Spartacus - Blood and Sand last night after someone at work mentioned it. It's run by one of the best writers on Angel/Buffy and looks quite promising - lots of blood and a bit of tit.

A prequel to Spartacus, no doubt because the lead unfortunately has non-Hodgkin lymphoma and they wouldn't want to do a sequel without him.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3829700889/

Uuuurghh! I've just spunked. EVERYWHERE.

"Beware of the two B's buzzing together, beware of the bird with the brown feather."

Christopher Biggins trying not to act like a sexual pervert on 4.29 onwards.

1981?

Did anyone see that Mandelson Storyville on bbc4 last night? Called 'The real PM?', its one the iplayer. Inside the mind of the dark lord in the run up to and during the last election. Was fascinating.

One for Leazes, The Age of the Do-Gooders. With Ian Hislop on monday. Sounds shit tbf.

Did anyone see that Mandelson Storyville on bbc4 last night? Called 'The real PM?', its one the iplayer. Inside the mind of the dark lord in the run up to and during the last election. Was fascinating.

One for Leazes, The Age of the Do-Gooders. With Ian Hislop on monday. Sounds shit tbf.

Aye, I enjoyed it but he ended up looking a very sad and lonely figure in the end. His best years obviously well behind him.

Definitely one of the more interesting politicians.

Aye, I enjoyed it but he ended up looking a very sad and lonely figure in the end. His best years obviously well behind him.

Definitely one of the more interesting politicians.

It was his film too, which made that portrayal of him even more odd. It was the real-time insight into his message development for Gordon or himself in crises and after major events which was mad. How he constantly was spinning everything all the time, probably even to himself. Frightening how close 'The thick of it' really is.

Really like it myself, but it does help if firstly you're a big fan of Coogan particularly and Brydon and secondly that you know a fair bit about their real personas and Coogan's reputation to really appreciate them playing this version of themselves. But i'm impressed after two episodes with the third sky+ and ready to watch.

"Gentlemen, to bed!For tomorrow we rise at 9.30 …ish"

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I know that many of you don't care for Yank sports, let alone hockey, but HBO's 24/7: Penguins/ Capitals is probably the best sports documentary series I've ever seen.

Realizing that I'm a big hockey fan and that I'm probably somewhat biased, I'm tellin' ya, the first two episodes have been brilliant. Sure, it's got a lot of what you'd expect from a series that sells itself as a behind-the-scenes, all-access type of show- the coach cursing out the players in the locker room, various shenanigans, the grind of the schedule, etc., but what surprised even me, an NHL fan for 20 years now, was just how desensitized to pain and violence the players are.

I know, it sounds kinda obvious talking about hockey players, and they're not total robots- they do get pissed off and fight at times, but a lot of the time, it's just part of the job. It's no different than me coming back into the plant when the computers go down- it's just what you do to help out your co-workers. The funny thing, is whoever the guy is on the other end of the fight feels the same way. Case in point, Caps star Alex Ovechkin and the New York Rangers' Brandon Dubinsky get into a decently serious fight in the first episode of the show. They go at it pretty good (for two guys who aren't really known for their fighting ability) for 30-45 seconds (pretty much average hockey fight), then as they both hit the ice, through the HBO parabolic mics, you hear both players say simultaneously, "Good job, buddy", as they skate off to their respective penalty boxes. Or when the Penguins defensive corps is firing each other up down in the tunnel before a game by hitting each other in the chest and arms with their sticks. These guys are just so used to living with pain over the course of an 82 game season, a few whacks (plenty hard enough to leave bruises or break skin on mere mortals like us) to fire each other up is just part of it- no different than me handing a co-worker a screwdriver or holding the flashlight so they can see what they're working on.

Absolutely fascinating and not at all what I thought the series would turn out to be. Absolutely dejected there'll only be a few more episodes- it's all basically a lead up to the Penguins v Capitals Winter Classic- the NHL's outdoor game played on New Year's Day. Good stuff. If you dig the sports mentality, the mindset of a professional athlete, and that kind of thing, hockey or not, check it out. I bet you won't be sorry.

Too Lazy to trawl through this thread but True Blood is excellent stuff. Just finished season three.

Apart from all the sex, the storylines are all quite funny and I like the way they finish each episode off with a good old fashioned cliffhnager.

I really liked Series 1 and 2, but wasn't that fussed about 3.

If you like sci-fi's you might want to check out The Lost Room, Misfits and Firefly. All very good, especially The Lost Room.

I know that many of you don't care for Yank sports, let alone hockey, but HBO's 24/7: Penguins/ Capitals is probably the best sports documentary series I've ever seen.

Realizing that I'm a big hockey fan and that I'm probably somewhat biased, I'm tellin' ya, the first two episodes have been brilliant. Sure, it's got a lot of what you'd expect from a series that sells itself as a behind-the-scenes, all-access type of show- the coach cursing out the players in the locker room, various shenanigans, the grind of the schedule, etc., but what surprised even me, an NHL fan for 20 years now, was just how desensitized to pain and violence the players are.

I know, it sounds kinda obvious talking about hockey players, and they're not total robots- they do get pissed off and fight at times, but a lot of the time, it's just part of the job. It's no different than me coming back into the plant when the computers go down- it's just what you do to help out your co-workers. The funny thing, is whoever the guy is on the other end of the fight feels the same way. Case in point, Caps star Alex Ovechkin and the New York Rangers' Brandon Dubinsky get into a decently serious fight in the first episode of the show. They go at it pretty good (for two guys who aren't really known for their fighting ability) for 30-45 seconds (pretty much average hockey fight), then as they both hit the ice, through the HBO parabolic mics, you hear both players say simultaneously, "Good job, buddy", as they skate off to their respective penalty boxes. Or when the Penguins defensive corps is firing each other up down in the tunnel before a game by hitting each other in the chest and arms with their sticks. These guys are just so used to living with pain over the course of an 82 game season, a few whacks (plenty hard enough to leave bruises or break skin on mere mortals like us) to fire each other up is just part of it- no different than me handing a co-worker a screwdriver or holding the flashlight so they can see what they're working on.

Absolutely fascinating and not at all what I thought the series would turn out to be. Absolutely dejected there'll only be a few more episodes- it's all basically a lead up to the Penguins v Capitals Winter Classic- the NHL's outdoor game played on New Year's Day. Good stuff. If you dig the sports mentality, the mindset of a professional athlete, and that kind of thing, hockey or not, check it out. I bet you won't be sorry.

Do you listen to puck nuts?

http://smodcast.com/pucknuts/

Edited by Happy Face