Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Dexter is warming up nicely now.

Walking dead needs to really up its game.

id really recommend that anyone reads the comics of the walking dead, some horrible, horrible stuff in them that the series wont go anywhere near. anyway - have a look on the piratebay......

New Season Ratings

Fringe 7/10

Boardwalk Empire 9.7/10

Dexter 7.5/10

The Walking Dead 6.7/10 Getting a bit too samey...

It's canny but all this gumf about it being the best TV show on the box is shite. Its strictly by the numbers zombie fare. Been done 100 times before

Nowhere near to the graphic novels. It could have been an immense series had they stuck to the original storyline.

The first season started well but the last 2 episodes were fairly dull tbh.

MV5BMTMxNjc5MDk2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODgyOTYzNg@@._V1._SY317_CR2,0,214,317_.jpg

Brilliant work! Catchy and deep. Can't wait to see more.

17 September 2011 | by Marek P (United States) – See all my reviews

The cast looks like it connects very well. Story as of episode 1 is very interesting, dark, and open to many different ways to keep it going. There is one main story throughout the episode, but with many side stories that seem to start of a little slowly. It gets you wondering and trying to connect the dots every minute of the show. It's like the TV series "Life", but without the funny part and in with good drama. To be more specific it reminds me a little bit of Bourne Trilogy but twisted a little bit. Much recommended to anyone between 18-30 years of age or anyone who likes to watch media about CIA work. Not a lot of action just yet, but it is cooking up to be a good one."

I found the first 3 ep's really tense and the lead character is really ambivalent and deep and the flashback structure erodes against the truth of the real time narrative.

8/10

P

aye it's great.... i could've sworn i put posts about it in this thread recently though from me and Parky but seemingly disappeared

*hunts*

edit > was on the previous page i'm as blind as you!

http://www.toontasti...post__p__994184

Oh, I did see that but the picture doesn't work and it doesn't mention the name of the show anywhere!

Trendsetter btw ;)

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?/topic/24226-recommend-me-something-to-watch/page__st__340__p__976458#entry976458

Edited by J69

There is an interesting Australian series that just started (ep1 was last week but you can see it on iplayer) on BBC4 called The Slap.

I'm 50/50 about it but the lass and the decent Australian critics rate it.

Even Melissa George, complete with new buck teeth, gets her chebs out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b016n55y

Edited by sammynb

aye it's great.... i could've sworn i put posts about it in this thread recently though from me and Parky but seemingly disappeared

*hunts*

edit > was on the previous page i'm as blind as you!

http://www.toontasti...post__p__994184

Oh, I did see that but the picture doesn't work and it doesn't mention the name of the show anywhere!

Trendsetter btw ;)

http://www.toontasti...458#entry976458

Yeah but people normally wait for the Parky green light. :lol:

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I got through season 1 of 'How To Make It In America' over the weekend. It's about a couple of young hustlers trying to make it big in Brooklyn. With only 8 episodes per season it's worth a punt.

I've read some people calling it a more down to earth version of Entourage if that helps convince anybody to give it a chance - I wouldn't know though, I've not got round to watching Entourage yet.

I watched the opening episode of The Walking Dead Season 2 the other night, feck, thats a wicked show man!

I've gave up on it. It's boring as fuck and has totally deviated away from the comic books, and not in a good way.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I got through season 1 of 'How To Make It In America' over the weekend. It's about a couple of young hustlers trying to make it big in Brooklyn. With only 8 episodes per season it's worth a punt.

I've read some people calling it a more down to earth version of Entourage if that helps convince anybody to give it a chance - I wouldn't know though, I've not got round to watching Entourage yet.

It's not but How To Make It In America is okay.

They've only just produce series 2 because HBO wasn't sure if it had a big enough audience for a second series.

On that the last series (8) of Entourage starts here on the telly tonight :nufc:

They've only just produce series 2 because HBO wasn't sure if it had a big enough audience for a second series.

On that the last series (8) of Entourage starts here on the telly tonight :nufc:

The last few series of Entourage were shite. It was a case of watching it out of duty, rather than enjoyment.

The last few series of Entourage were shite. It was a case of watching it out of duty, rather than enjoyment.

Really? So you don't want me to record them for you for the trip home from Australia ;)

I've enjoyed it, probably because the older I get the more I realise the film and tv industry is filled with cunts and that's where Entourage has headed.

The Aus trip is off unfortunately mate! Having to cancel it cos of this surgery I've had. :(

Still planning to get over there though, so hopefully just postponing it to next year.

Sorry to hear that Scott.

In my best Alf whatever his name is from Neighbours, "She'll be right cobber, we'll just see ya in Jewn"