Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Luther - I know I'm going to be in the minority here but how is this show rated? Of course Idris Elba is his usual magnificent self but there are so many plot jumps and plot holes in the show it is entirely contrived and unbelievable.

I thought it was gash too. Only lasted three episodes

I'm currently watching Love/Hate which is pretty decent watching.

However, I am left wondering what the hell is going on with Aidan Gillen's accent. I first saw him in The Wire where I assumed he was American because of a pretty flawless accent, then he is in GoT doing a decent English accent, then after a couple of seasons he's changed to an Irish accent and then I watch Love/Hate (filmed pre-GoT) where he can't even do a Dublin accent despite being born and raised there. The man is suffering from a severe identity crisis.

I'm currently watching Love/Hate which is pretty decent watching.

However, I am left wondering what the hell is going on with Aidan Gillen's accent. I first saw him in The Wire where I assumed he was American because of a pretty flawless accent, then he is in GoT doing a decent English accent, then after a couple of seasons he's changed to an Irish accent and then I watch Love/Hate (filmed pre-GoT) where he can't even do a Dublin accent despite being born and raised there. The man is suffering from a severe identity crisis.

He's from Ireland I think although I don't know if he was brought up there. First thing I saw him in was that Queer as Folk. It took me ages to twig where I knew Tommy Carcetti from.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the last series of the Newsroom. Certainly an improvement on the beginning with snappier dialogue, more interesting characters and less sanctimonious preaching but overall feels like a missed opportunity. For most of its run it has had its head up its own arse while nothing much really happens. I'm sure if Sorkin were to do it again it would be much better but sadly the last six episode run was basically just to wrap everything up.

Anyone watched Gotham?

Its at a mid-season break at the moment, but so far I am really enjoying it.

Could have been quality, but they've mis-cast/mis-directed the lead, there are some piss weak supporting actors and quite what they've done with Albert is fucking beyond me.

Ed Nigma and the Police partner are the best things about the show.

Could have been quality, but they've mis-cast/mis-directed the lead, there are some piss weak supporting actors and quite what they've done with Albert is fucking beyond me.

Ed Nigma and the Police partner are the best things about the show.

Albert does baffle me tbh.

I thought Penguin was great!

I like Gotham, think it's cast well enough apart from will smiths irritating wife, Penguin is brilliant in it

who the fucks Albert... you mean Alfred? ;)

Go eat a potato

This isn't a recommendation. For some reason I'm watching the Top Gear special. Are these the worst three people in Britain?

Yes and that includes all the cath words in West Minster.

The little shit who constantly sucks off Clarkson and that other long haired fanny too.

World's Strongest Man on 5 now.

The things they make them do man. :lol: Shuttle runs carting 2 barrels and 2 big sacks of rocks. That is exactly what I would say if you asked me how someone could prove to me that they're the strongest man in the world.