Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Yeah I really enjoyed that too. I've just recently read Joyland, which is worth reading too.

Quite fancy 11-22-63 as the whole JFK thing has fascinated me since seeing loads of stuff about the various conspiracies when it was the 25th anniversary back in 1988. Even if I have come round to the conclusion the official version is pretty much the only theory which holds any water.

Quite fancy 11-22-63 as the whole JFK thing has fascinated me since seeing loads of stuff about the various conspiracies when it was the 25th anniversary back in 1988. Even if I have come round to the conclusion the official version is pretty much the only theory which holds any water.

Brain washed.

Brain washed.

I assume you're taking the piss like. I think there's a debate about Oswald's motives and whether he acted alone (I tend to think he did) because he got killed so soon after the event but the version of events which places him as the killer at the book depository is the only show in town. I didn't use to think that but subsequently discovered all the conspiracy theories I'd heard are the ones playing fast and loose with the facts. They're all outlandish upon closer inspection.

I assume you're taking the piss like. I think there's a debate about Oswald's motives and whether he acted alone (I tend to think he did) because he got killed so soon after the event but the version of events which places him as the killer at the book depository is the only show in town. I didn't use to think that but subsequently discovered all the conspiracy theories I'd heard are the ones playing fast and loose with the facts. They're all outlandish upon closer inspection.

Who? Me? Possibly

The idea that Jack Ruby was outraged at the killing and trying to save Mrs Kennedy a trip back to Dallas always seemed laughably implausible.

Who? Me? Possibly

The idea that Jack Ruby was outraged at the killing and trying to save Mrs Kennedy a trip back to Dallas always seemed laughably implausible.

I think it's plausible. He doesn't seem to be anything like his portrayal in things like JFK and some of the unofficial theories. The police ditched him as an informer because he made up stuff about people with rival night clubs instead of actual crimes. I think it's possible he thought he'd have been lauded as a hero for killing Oswald. There's nothing in Ruby's own comments which suggest otherwise either.

Any food fans been watching A Cook Abroad? I've quite enjoyed the first two.

Yes! Same here and looking forward to the rest of them. Particularly enjoyed the one with Tony Singh this week.

Jon Stewart is leaving The Daily Show. It'll be interesting to see who they get to replace him.

Jon Oliver?

He has been consistently excellent on the show, but most of my favourite moments are when he appears on American news shows. He immediately drops the performance down a notch and gives considered responses, while holding them to account for their hack approach to the News, when all they wanted was the funny guy to make jokes and be thought cool by association to him.

Haven't watched Rosewater (his movie about an Iranian? journalist) yet, anybody know if it's worth it?

Yes! Same here and looking forward to the rest of them. Particularly enjoyed the one with Tony Singh this week.

Yeah everything looked incredible. I only caught the first one by accident too so that was a nice surprise.